• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

this is the howling at the moon, exemplary, any
    The more he speaks, the more Astara feels her muscles loosen. Though even a slight amount of trust is far from achieved in the stallion, his presently calm and agreeable behavior makes it easy for her to feel at ease. "I suppose I am both," Astara replies, with a natural haughty tone she tries to control. "Though I cannot say which one will end up being more true than the other."

She lifts and drops her left foreleg, as if proclaiming her freedom to choose, no matter what the law of the land she may be in. Truly Astara thought little about such things, though had she known who stood before her, she would have feigned less defiance. The stallion then tells her his name is Ramiel, to which the mare grants secret approval.

A strong name...

"I am Astara," she replies lively to his question. "Though I hold to you no obligation to remember it in the days that pass... for maybe, I am just passing through, but I do like it here. Beauty and solitude is what I often find."

But the more she stares at him, the more the spotted mare no longer believes he's a simple, lonely stallion. Suddenly she notices his appearance is quite unlike what she's seen in their kind before... or at least, her kind. Twitching an ear, Astara puts her cleverness to work.

"Ramiel... how could you have such a strong name and yet wander alone?" she asks, believing by this question, she'll get many more answered.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: this is the howling at the moon, exemplary, any - by Astara - 04-07-2016, 10:08 PM