• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

This is my kingdom come- [any]
    It has become evident very quickly to the dip dyed mare that her timing for this encounter, much like most other encounters she experiences, is quite personal. She doesn't speak or gesture anything of it though because she has likely had her own private 'event's witnessed by someone and they choose to stay quiet. No one openly spoke to Kimber about her lust triangle but occasionally she would catch stares and she could only assume. It is no secret that the blue mare was close to the General, she was not in the know nearly as much as she has been the last few weeks under Killdare's watch. As much as she would deny it, Kimber is a simple monster to subdue - pet it, tell it does a good job, give it things to do and it will leave your curtains alone. Killdare mentioning her opportunity for advancement and questioning what she's done sends her heart into a different rhythm, purpose is nice.

She then remembers sending out a challenge to an Amazon mare - oops.

"Better to ask for forgiveness than permission I suppose - I've sent a challenge to an Amazon but I will change some of the stipulations," her black ears tip forward and her amber colored eyes searching for an unsavory expression. She will have to spend some time with Killdare to become familiar with his quirks to know what buttons to push and which to avoid. "My family matters? I have none in the Gates?" she says puzzled, a bewildered look creeping over her dished face but before she can begin to really analyze what the magma King means by it she smells a familiar scent in the air. It feels like a boulder being catapulted into her stomach as she and Nymph haven't crossed paths since the war and it seems the longer it stews, the worse she feels. Her mouth feels warm and she finds herself swallowing more as he and a gray stallion approach and she sincerely hopes to not vomit. Kimber was a stonewall on the exterior outside of anger, this would the least beneficial time to crumble. Winter had been rough for her too, the first she had two small children at her side, this past winter she had lost both her children and the General - it was long, it seemed like an eternity and it felt similar to now. The blur mare doesn't make eye contact but shifts her body further from the side the newly introduced Arthas and Nymph stand. Distance kept things tolerable, she reminds herself and thinks if it's as awkward for those who aren't as privy to the situation. She wants to laugh alongside the group when Nymph banters about Killdare being a lady-killer but because she is angry too, she won't give the necromancer the satisfaction. Any show of emotion, no matter how brisk or lightheaded was a certain failure. "Kimber, welcome to the Chamber, Arthas - you'd make a fine soldier," she offers with a small side smile that disappears nearly as soon as it arrives as she awaits to see what Nymph will insult her with next.

How could Killdare know about her missing daughter before her?

Tidal waves of panic, fear, and anger wash over the feisty mare as she sharply eyes Nymph, knowing that she cannot verbally assault him now she chooses to ignore his comment about her duties for now. The color-shifting mare is quick to come to her brother's defense which Kimber finds to be relatively normal, however, she can feel the mares disdain for her. She wants to laugh at Dacia but she decides to bite her tongue, she was once smitten with a superior and feeling the need for this affections. The dip dyed mare was also once crushed by the unreturned sentiments and wishes - she, too, has been one to fade into the background. "Opinions and assholes, the world is full of both," she says, dismissing any further commentary from the young mare but knowing full well there would surely be another encounter in the future. There always was, the Chamber only had so many shadows to hide within. She turns her attention back to Nymph, Arthas and Killdare - a more familiar territory with the boys. Women were so touchy, herself included. "Let's work smarter, not harder shall we? I expected a diplomat to have a better plan. You can take the forest, I'll search but it may be best practice for you to seek our newest allies for help in finding her," she moves past the trio and nods to Killdare and Arthas, "Until then, I'll see you when I see you." She moves off from the group now, hugging close to the treeline that she finds such comfort in and now she can feel what she's been hiding.

Her chest hums a song of worry and of regret.
    Kimber
    you can't love a cold-blooded woman

Messages In This Thread
    This is my kingdom come- [any] - by Killdare - 04-02-2016, 10:49 AM
    RE: This is my kingdom come- [any] - by Dacia - 04-02-2016, 10:39 PM
    RE: This is my kingdom come- [any] - by Killdare - 04-03-2016, 08:03 AM
    RE: This is my kingdom come- [any] - by Dacia - 04-03-2016, 11:36 AM
    RE: This is my kingdom come- [any] - by Kimber - 04-03-2016, 12:02 PM
    RE: This is my kingdom come- [any] - by Killdare - 04-03-2016, 01:25 PM
    RE: This is my kingdom come- [any] - by Dacia - 04-03-2016, 06:08 PM
    RE: This is my kingdom come- [any] - by Arthas - 04-04-2016, 10:50 AM
    RE: This is my kingdom come- [any] - by Kimber - 04-04-2016, 07:09 PM