• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

(Any) "You were given this life because you were strong enough to live it"
    "Yes, for now anyways. Perhaps I'll find the right place to call home one day, but this nice field suits me fine for now," she stated, ears tilting back to lay against the start of her crest. She watched him warily as he walked around her, as if he were surveying her, testing to see if she would be a good addition to his herd.

Wait, did he even have one?

That thought was confirmed when the stallion spoke of a herd he had near the Falls. Anahi herself did not know where that area was specifically, but for some reason, the name sounded familiar. Perhaps she'd overheard it when she was grazing among the clique of mares she'd befriended prior to winter's arrival, a mere week after she'd arrived.

However, something unnerved the champagne mare. She did not like the way this stallion was looking her over. It made her feel like a lone deer, being stalked by one of the predators she was afraid to even think of.

That, and this stallion reminded her a bit too much of him. It was because of him that every time she saw a foal, she felt the familiar ache in her heart. She'd never even gotten to meet the little one... didn't even get a proper goodbye before she'd run off, too afraid to face the stallion again and risk another potential life...

Anahi glanced behind her, seeing she had a small opening, as the stallion, still circling her, was currently in front of the champagne mare. Anahi stamped nervously, "Uh, well, I'm still getting used to this place, and... I don't know if I'd fit in well... or if I'd like it..."

Of course she was spouting nonsense. The only reason she was afraid to go was because she worried this stallion would turn out to be just like him. Anahi began backing up, taking a few quick steps to give her some room, preparing herself to turn and run if the stallion came after her.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: (Any) "You were given this life because you were strong enough to live it" - by Anahi - 04-04-2016, 05:18 PM