• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

This is my kingdom come- [any]
    I can still hear you saying - 
    you would never break the chain

What was once private, now becomes public. She cannot have him to herself - she never will. His lips brush against her, torturing her though she smiles through the pain, and a new voice wafts over them. Another female. Dacia doesn’t turn to look immediately, her eyes still rest on Killdare as his vision turns to the blue-ish warmonger. A loss is a loss, and Dacia remembers this moment, tucking it away so that she may keep it as a reminder to never lose herself again. She must focus, move ahead. Killdare was a distraction, one she could no longer afford to entertain. She smiles, head curving backwards to take in the mare as she announces herself, or rather, tacks a word into the air generalizing those like herself. The color-changer shifts, and with the action, so her coat follows, bleeding out until she borrows a coat well-known to her. Lupei’s. An exact replica washes over her, and soon she is the female equivalent of her elder half-brother.

“Oh, I know you, though we’ve never met.” Dacia purrs. What good was knowledge if one did not seek it at all times? What good would she be to a kingdom if she didn’t know who roamed its more shadowy depths? And (for the God’s sake) how could she call herself a chamberling if she couldn’t even pick out who her superiors were? “But it seems you don’t know my brother as well as you should. Kimber, was it?” Dacia queries, head tilting to the side with mock interest. There is so much that the hidden mare can handle. Watching her mother’s death, sensing her alienation in a world where companionship was the ultimate goal, losing (time after time) ground with the object of her hidden affections.

But, there is one thing she will not stand for. A slight against her brother, her blood, is a blow she will not take, even if it is meant in jest. “To you, perhaps my brother’s actions were unsavory, but I can assure you that what he did was not done out of … idiocracy, as you so tactlessly put it.” Her tone has lost it’s forgiving quality, choosing instead to take a sharper turn. Kimber. The name burns behind her eyes. Dacia’s attention turns to her King as the two converse. Forgotten, so easily. He mentions the idea of the azure mare working out patrols and Dacia’s smile once again bubbles to the surface. “Lupei is rather hard to get a hold of, but I’ll do my best to find him, and to mention that you’re seeking him out.” She murmurs, softly, to the attentive mare.

A few others begin to congregate, the pressures of overcrowding looming down on Dacia like unwanted flies. She was no longer needed, nor did she seek to remain. She had her answers, had her plans, had her own revenge to enact. “Killdare.” She states flatly, dipping her head before turning on a heel and allowing her powers to consume her - every shadow, every color mimicked perfectly until she becomes invisible. Unseen, she feels complete. Invisible, as she always will be.

Dacia;
    color-changing vixen of the chamber

Messages In This Thread
    This is my kingdom come- [any] - by Killdare - 04-02-2016, 10:49 AM
    RE: This is my kingdom come- [any] - by Dacia - 04-02-2016, 10:39 PM
    RE: This is my kingdom come- [any] - by Killdare - 04-03-2016, 08:03 AM
    RE: This is my kingdom come- [any] - by Dacia - 04-03-2016, 11:36 AM
    RE: This is my kingdom come- [any] - by Kimber - 04-03-2016, 12:02 PM
    RE: This is my kingdom come- [any] - by Killdare - 04-03-2016, 01:25 PM
    RE: This is my kingdom come- [any] - by Dacia - 04-03-2016, 06:08 PM
    RE: This is my kingdom come- [any] - by Arthas - 04-04-2016, 10:50 AM
    RE: This is my kingdom come- [any] - by Kimber - 04-04-2016, 07:09 PM