• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

anyone;

there's no religion that could save me

no matter how long my knees are on the floor

i'll pick up these broken pieces 'til i'm bleeding

if that'll make it right

As Cerva reenters her home, Nihlus slips free of his. Frost clings to his charcoal-red fur as the scent of the Tundra falls behind his nimble rabbit legs - best to disappear in this form. Quieter and less noticeable than his rugged equine self departing, and less magic-disturbing than his astral-projection. More reliable, too. When using the projection as teleportation, things often go very astray - he’d rather not let that happen tonight.

Through the hours of the wolf and owl the man travels, light of hop, and quiet, too. His bark-lined paws provide ample protection from any snow he encounters,  but the rest of him becomes uncomfortably damp due to his unfortunate mass-to-surface area ratio in this form. Eventually, as the scent of the Chamber falls away and the buck veers west, the sun rises, and in the face of the new dawn, Nihlus shifts into his long-legged form.

Shaking out his sopping mane with vigor, the stallion idly stretches his muscles - too long in the form of the jack rabbit really pulls those muscles he doesn’t use as a horse. Life’s a bitch, I know. Grumbling good-naturedly to himself, Nihlus finishes the tail of his trek at an agreeable trundle, and finally, around noon, he finds himself in the meadow.

Home sweet home, hey, sister?

Brows bouncing up upon sighting his mirror image, Nihlus shimmies himself out of her field of vision and summons a happy little rain cloud right above her pretty little head. After a few decidedly fat drops splatter against her figure, Nihlus sends the cloud dancing away - he wouldn’t want to send Cerva running, the meek little thing, oh no.

As the man saunters towards her, he whinnies to her in the way that only siblings can; an echo from the past, when they and Daemron lived beneath the supervision of Noori and Eight, the mighty and powerful Gods - or so they seemed, until they disappeared off the face of the earth. Nihlus wonders how his siblings took their parents’ evacuation of the land of the living - Nihlus had moved out of the Valley before that point, being the most independant of the triplets. He figures that the loss must have been harder on Cerva and Dae than on him - after leaving, they stopped existing to him, too, after all.

Trying out a cocky grin instead of the coolness Cerva might be expecting, Nihlus opens his mouth to speak, but only air comes out of his mouth. Shaking his head for multiple reasons - including potential, very unmanly tears - Nihlus gives up on words and throws his neck around Cerva’s instead.

Hug it out, bro, just hug it out.

Memories bombard him, the scent of her skin bringing up the dregs of his past like the last tip of a cup of cold hot chocolate. Literal years have passed since these two last spoke - more than a decade, Nihlus guesses. Squeezing his sister tighter just before letting go, Nihlus knows that his forwardness will be immediately accepted. Or at least, he hopes he knows - as a child, the rainboy was strange, eccentric, and very cold - but if anyone ever truly knew this side of Nihlus from early on, it was Cerva.

Still, his change in demeanor could be rather shocking. But hey, did you expect any different from the boy who used to introduce himself by saying ‘I can make it rain?’

"So, Cerva,” he says in his deep, clear voice, straightening to fix his sister with his piercing blue gaze, "It’s been a while.”
    Nihlus
    rain manipulating, rabbit shifting, astral projecting son of Sinder & Noori

THIS IS SO CUTE also why the heck does Nihlus demand novel-long posts when I have no muse for him, but my museful ponies can barely plop out two paragraphs. Nihlus, you're an asshat and I love you.

Messages In This Thread
    anyone; - by Cerva - 04-03-2016, 11:06 AM
    RE: anyone; - by Nihlus - 04-03-2016, 03:52 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Cerva - 04-04-2016, 07:12 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Nihlus - 04-12-2016, 06:43 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Cerva - 04-28-2016, 03:40 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Nihlus - 05-08-2016, 12:39 AM