• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Nothing is coming to rise - Offspring, diplomats
    Brynmor

"With my speechless calm eyes."

He cannot say that he really knows how the black stallion feels, as he didn’t have children himself yet, but he could kind of imagine it. And honestly, he had to agree that he didn’t like the thought of giving his blood away. Roan probably wouldn’t like it either, and he would already had to tell her that he would have his first kid with someone else. Brynmor wasn’t sure how his bay roan lover would think about that, but it was already too late to take that into consideration. Anahera should be close to giving birth by now, just as Offspring’s Isle was. So he offers Offspring a smile as he nods. ”I still get the idea of the swap like Hurricane suggested, but I have to admit I like your view better. They are precious.” With that he lets the subject go. His king had voiced out his wishes on the matter and Brynmor respected them. The answer was clear.

He too had noticed the changes that seemed to hold the ice king in their grasp. It was fitting and not unsurprising for the Tundra’s king, but somehow he had not really expected it. With Hurricane it had been different. By the time Brynmor got to meet their former king he had been reigning for a while already, he hadn’t known better. But he had met Offspring once or twice prior his coronation. He guessed that the changes were just as odd and strange like his own invisibility was. He was born plain – no gifts, nothing special, and even defected – and would never have guessed he would be rewarded in such way. It would help him serve the Tundra better, but he still had to get used to it, still having to learn how to control it. Whenever he tried to turn himself invisible he somehow ended up appearing and disappearing, instead of succeeding completely.

He listens to what his black friend had to say, blue and red eyes meeting. ”I know, we wouldn’t have contributed much, but I’m afraid they might hold it against us. Maybe it is a good thing to focus on the new rules, and their changing kingdoms.” He eventually replies, seeing opportunity in Offspring’s plans like he understood it. The Tundra, Chamber, Valley and the Gates. It sounded like an odd alliance, something he wouldn’t have ever thought, but somewhere deep down it made sense too. New blood, a changing land with changing rules. And although he still couldn’t say he liked the Chamber and was able to forget the past, he knew he would have to learn to deal with it. ”Isn’t war always like that?” he asks, not really able to see any kind of benefit from it. War meant blood, death, anger and hatred. Nothing good came from it.

”I hope so too” he answers before a sigh escapes his lips. He supposed change was good, but it also was something that could go and turn in many ways, and it would take time before they could learn how exactly things had changed. ”What makes you think she would be a good ally, aside from the fact that she’s new to the throne” he asks once Offspring pauses. It isn’t like he questions his king or his motives, but he’s new to this kind of thing. He wanted to be prepared before he and Patchouli would go to the Valley to greet Queen Topsail, and this was one of the things Brynmor was curious to learn.

"Nothing is coming to rise."

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Nothing is coming to rise - Offspring, diplomats - by Offspring - 03-23-2016, 12:46 AM
    RE: Nothing is coming to rise - Offspring, diplomats - by Offspring - 03-23-2016, 11:17 PM
    RE: Nothing is coming to rise - Offspring, diplomats - by Offspring - 03-29-2016, 10:13 AM
    RE: Nothing is coming to rise - Offspring, diplomats - by Brynmor - 04-02-2016, 12:18 PM
    RE: Nothing is coming to rise - Offspring, diplomats - by Offspring - 04-03-2016, 02:14 PM