• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

this is the road to ruin - jedi

kreios

don't you tame your demons, but always keep them on a leash

“Not in my lifetime,” I agree. There were time before, of course, but though I am no young foal, they were far before my time. Not before Texas’, I think, but the former king was an old creature, blessed with immortality and a penchant for returning to the Falls.

Though I can see that something bothers Jedi, I do not feel it is my place to pry. Being in touch with one’s emotions was not considered a strength in my family, and while I do hope that whatever Jedi is dealing with passes, I do not know how to even begin to offer to help. Some horses do not like to speak of the past.

When the bay and white stallions asks what my favorite part of being king is, I take a while to answer. We have made our way around almost the entire kingdom during our conversation, but I want to think on my answer, to be able to give Jedi the truest response.

“Being able to protect the kingdom,” I finally reply. “That is my favorite part. Knowing that Texas – the old king – trusted Ygritte and I to look after the lands and the residents.” Since childhood, my desire to protect others has been strong. I was not protected – at least not from the taunts of my brother and the dislike of my father – and that stirred within a sense of responsibility that was uncharacteristic. It had made me want to become a herd stallion rather than simply a kingdom member.

“I wasn’t raised here, but I grew to love the place.” It is a good kingdom, I think, and growing every day. We’ve nearly returned to our starting point in the broad meadow – a successful patrol.

“Well,” I say with a small smile, “That’s the border.” That portion of the kingdom introduction is over, now I suppose it’s time for the other half of the responsibilities of a kingdom horse. “You’ve got some battle experience already, so I don’t think we need to mock if you don’t want to, but if you’d like to, I’m always up for the exercise.”

Messages In This Thread
    this is the road to ruin - jedi - by Kreios - 03-18-2016, 01:05 PM
    RE: this is the road to ruin - jedi - by Jedi - 03-19-2016, 01:55 PM
    RE: this is the road to ruin - jedi - by Kreios - 03-21-2016, 09:00 AM
    RE: this is the road to ruin - jedi - by Jedi - 03-21-2016, 05:20 PM
    RE: this is the road to ruin - jedi - by Kreios - 03-23-2016, 12:45 PM
    RE: this is the road to ruin - jedi - by Jedi - 03-23-2016, 06:34 PM
    RE: this is the road to ruin - jedi - by Kreios - 03-28-2016, 11:39 AM
    RE: this is the road to ruin - jedi - by Jedi - 03-29-2016, 04:36 PM
    RE: this is the road to ruin - jedi - by Kreios - 03-31-2016, 10:04 AM
    RE: this is the road to ruin - jedi - by Jedi - 03-31-2016, 04:41 PM