• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Stars Cant Shine Without Darkness {Any; Vaughan}

I can see through you,
    see to the real you

He listens as the two mares banter about the healing waters, though he has grown quickly to learn that the dull throb can be easily forgotten. He was a lot like his parents in the fact that physical pain was trivial and not to be shown on an emotional level. He has found the waterfall of his own accord and left his sister, Vessel, to talk with the mares - the blood ceases and the throbbing stops but the cartilage has been damaged - irreparable. He would have a floppy ear for the rest of his life but for now that wasn't much of a bother.

It isn't long before the stout colt rejoins the pack of mares and he sighs with boredom, this fanciful life they pretend they all live -- though he hadn't faced many hardships thus far, he was not enchanted by peace of paths of such things. Vaughan was born to be a warrior and a silver tongue; an asshole by birth right. He and his sister were night and day but perhaps she was the only woman, spare their mother, he would love. Kimber had done an okay job at parenting but love wasn't something she had ever talked about, affection wasn't really a main focus of attention or teachings. Defense, how to emotional stonewall people, and occasionally a "I love you, son" - even if it made her look like razors cut her throat as she said it. Vaughan wasn't sure how troubled his mother was but he respected her for trying and for doing it alone. "Vessel, is this where you want to stay? Really? Because you know if you ask me to stay here I'll be forced to, it's my job," he says, apathetically but deep down knowing it was true. Regardless of how much Vessel wanted to stand alone, he would always do his best to make sure she never had to. "I guess I"ll stay for as long as she's here, use me how you wish," he says, with a coy grin towards the two older mares. He was closely approaching adulthood and lately he had been feeling his oats so to speak.

He may be a thorn in Vessel's side but he would always gladly be that if it meant her being safe.  
    Vaughan

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Stars Cant Shine Without Darkness {Any; Vaughan} - by vaughan - 03-30-2016, 09:55 PM