• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the babe with the power {open}

{you remind me of the babe}
    {{X}}A cool wave of relief washed over Voudou, calming the flurry of butterflies that had come to life in her stomach while waiting for a response.  Voudou didn't like to talk about herself, and though she felt as if Jason was a bit disappointed in her subject changing, she respected him for respecting her privacy.  The sigh following his words told the charcoal mare all she needed to know even before he had finished speaking.  It was one of those heavy sighs that had a tendency to lead into deep thoughts or a flood of memories and confusion.  It was a physical representation of inner confusion, that's what it was.  

{{X}}And there it was; the uncertainty behind his sigh.  He had a home, but to Voudou it sounded as if his home no longer felt like home, especially when he nudged her while referencing starting a new herd and asking her opinion.  

{{X}}"Well I could certainly never live in a place focused on good.  In case you didn't notice, I was too sassy for the Chamber mare."  Her words came off differently than she had intended... it sounded as if she was blowing him off or looking down on his beliefs.  A tiny pause before she continued, "I suppose if you wanted to stick with me you would have to start your own herd, though before you take my advice I must warn you that you would be taking advice from a 3 year old trouble maker who enjoys watching those around me break down and give in to their problems, descending into mental anguish and lifelong pain."  The truth behind those words was painful, but she couldn't deny it.  Every chance she got Voudou was focused on destroying the naive happiness that most carried with them.  She always felt a sick sense of pride when the spark finally left her opponents eyes, and that dullness took over their personalities.  Even now, she knew that as much as she liked Jason so far, the instant she knew him well enough she would likely use any weakness he had against him and then kick him while he was down.  It was just in her nature, perhaps more of a defense mechanism than anything else.  If everyone was broken around her, nobody would notice how empty she had become inside.  

{{X}}Voodoo shook her entire body in an attempt to free herself of the light hairs that had slowly clung to her ebony coat throughout the conversation.  She took pride in her looks and didn't exactly appreciate the contrast of colors that made her look like she was graying with old age already.  Anxiously, she awaited his reaction to her blunt honesty that had been wrapped in sarcasm.  If he truly felt as if they wouldn't get along in the long run, he was probably right and she understood that.  Hell she'd probably end up wandering over to the Chamber and living amongst like-minded equines if he chose to leave right now.  
    tags jason, 499 words.
    notes, _______.

Messages In This Thread
    the babe with the power {open} - by Voudou - 05-06-2015, 03:26 PM
    RE: the babe with the power {open} - by Jason - 05-06-2015, 07:20 PM
    RE: the babe with the power {open} - by Voudou - 05-06-2015, 08:44 PM
    RE: the babe with the power {open} - by Shaytan - 05-07-2015, 07:56 AM
    RE: the babe with the power {open} - by Jason - 05-07-2015, 09:29 AM
    RE: the babe with the power {open} - by Voudou - 05-07-2015, 11:18 AM
    RE: the babe with the power {open} - by Shaytan - 05-08-2015, 11:26 AM
    RE: the babe with the power {open} - by Jason - 05-08-2015, 01:15 PM
    RE: the babe with the power {open} - by Voudou - 05-08-2015, 03:01 PM