• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Stars Cant Shine Without Darkness [Shaytan]

Oh god, oh god, oh god. It’s going to crying. The girl is going to crying.

She blanches at the sound, ears flickering back in fear (or annoyance, or surprise? She doesn’t really know) while her eyes grow wider and she takes an involuntary step back. It’s reflex. Her maternal instinct never surfaced, so this type of response is the trifecta of unknown, confusing, and panic-inducing. Any normal woman might beg her not to cry, but Shaytan just remains silent until something else happens. She can’t respond to stimuli that isn’t there. And she doesn’t know how to pretend to care.

Shay’s muddied and gray tail slaps against the back of her legs, the silence dragging on until the girl is able to swallow the lump in her throat. Hum de dum dum dummmm. And here is her bright pearl of wisdom, which is probably more than unuseful to the girl, but maybe some day she’ll remember it.”Well sometimes you have to do what you don’t want to do. Like me. I had to leave the tree.” Which means that they really should be getting back to the the rest of the fight, because god only knows what is happening without her wandering eyes on their spirit.

The girl’s next question, however, is easy. Shaytan could have answered it in her sleep. “I stay for Straia. I will go where she goes. The Chamber is just another place to live.” It was a convenient place, for sure, and if made to choose, it would be difficult to separate herself from the tree. But Straia is her second obsession, and sometimes it even outweighs the first. If the spotted mare ever had a heart, Straia clutched it (however unwillingly) in her beat-stopping gaze, in the sway of her back, and in the smoothness of her voice. Shaytan is her ever faithful servant.

”Can we go back now?” Her tone is a tad bit irritable, but if pressed, she would probably answer some more questions. If not, then they needed get to get their butts moving.

shaytan

when people run in circles, it's a very, very mad world

D: sorry for the wait. also idk what this is. maybe either one more post each and then end it? whatever you feel like doing

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Stars Cant Shine Without Darkness [Shaytan] - by Shaytan - 03-29-2016, 03:03 PM