• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Dreams of Royalty [Kreios and any]

kreios

don't you tame your demons, but always keep them on a leash

I’ve no reason to distrust Teali, so as I listen to her story I take her words as truth. What reason would she have to lie, after all? I’ve no way of corroborating her story, abut also no need to. I listen, and as she continues a frown appears on my face and deepens. Her story is a tragic one, and echoes my own in some ways. She speaks candidly though, and frankly, so I am unsure whether to comfort her or express condolences.

“My mother died bearing my sister too,” I tell her, and glance – only for a moment – at her widening belly. Our child will be large, I know, but we are in the Falls. Any injury she might suffer, any danger she might be in from giving birth can be mended by the healing waters. She’s safe here, I tell myself, safer than my mother was in the woods of the Dale.

Though I have lost my father too, fate (or Yael) has returned him from the dead, and so I do not speak of it. It seems too much like ill wishing, like reminding the underworld that it no longer has hold of my father’s soul.

“I hope you find what you’re looking for,” I tell her honestly.

Messages In This Thread
    Dreams of Royalty [Kreios and any] - by TEALi - 03-21-2016, 10:02 AM
    RE: Dreams of Royalty [Kreios and any] - by TEALi - 03-21-2016, 11:13 AM
    RE: Dreams of Royalty [Kreios and any] - by TEALi - 03-25-2016, 09:28 PM
    RE: Dreams of Royalty [Kreios and any] - by Kreios - 03-28-2016, 11:45 AM
    RE: Dreams of Royalty [Kreios and any] - by TEALi - 03-29-2016, 10:15 PM