• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

this is the road to ruin - jedi

kreios

don't you tame your demons, but always keep them on a leash

We had been doing well, I think, two stallions patrolling the lands that they will protect. I can tell that my question about the past had been a poorly chosen one though, and I hope that the misstep on my part does’nt jepordize the relationship between the two of us. It is always good for a king and his men to be friendly,and living in a kingdom comprised primarily of women (while enjoyable) is at times stressful. I have been looking forward to having another stallion in the kingdom.

I falter, nearly saying “No, it’s alright, you don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to”, but it seems as though Jedi is stealing himself to say it, and so I do not. I do not interrupt, even though whatever the overo is remembering is clearly painful. I simply wait, a frown of concern marring my pale face.

Jedi finaly says that he travelled alone, and I get the feeling that whatever tragedy he was remembering had happened before those years. That I will never delve into again – I know when a horse has been pushed too far – but I am grateful to hear what he does share with me. I’m pleased that he has some experience, and that is obvious in my smile and nod. “A good quality to have,” I tell him truthfully, “Though Ygritte and I will do our best to ensure that no one is ever asked to give their lives for the Falls.” I too, am willing to die to protect who and what I love, but there are almost always other ways, things that can be solved with diplomacy and negotiation rather than bloodshed.

He asks about the history of the kingdom, and while I know what Texas has told me, I am not as familiar with this land’s history as I am with the stories of the kingdoms in which I was raised. “not in recent memory,” I say, not in my lifetime, or even those of my parent’s. “The kingdom has been invaded a handful of times – by the Dale and by the Amazons most recently – but they were trying to revive the kingdom rather than conquer it.”

Messages In This Thread
    this is the road to ruin - jedi - by Kreios - 03-18-2016, 01:05 PM
    RE: this is the road to ruin - jedi - by Jedi - 03-19-2016, 01:55 PM
    RE: this is the road to ruin - jedi - by Kreios - 03-21-2016, 09:00 AM
    RE: this is the road to ruin - jedi - by Jedi - 03-21-2016, 05:20 PM
    RE: this is the road to ruin - jedi - by Kreios - 03-23-2016, 12:45 PM
    RE: this is the road to ruin - jedi - by Jedi - 03-23-2016, 06:34 PM
    RE: this is the road to ruin - jedi - by Kreios - 03-28-2016, 11:39 AM
    RE: this is the road to ruin - jedi - by Jedi - 03-29-2016, 04:36 PM
    RE: this is the road to ruin - jedi - by Kreios - 03-31-2016, 10:04 AM
    RE: this is the road to ruin - jedi - by Jedi - 03-31-2016, 04:41 PM