• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Nothing is coming to rise - Offspring, diplomats
    Brynmor

"With my speechless calm eyes."

A small smile lingers upon his lips as he slightly dips his head, accepting the kings words with appreciation. Brynmor still isn’t entirely sure how to feel about the promotion, after all, it had been little to no effort, he had did it for the Tundra. But that didn’t mean he would deny what was given to him, after all, Offspring was more than capable to decide who to promote or not and it wasn’t his place to question it. ”I’ll try my best, Offspring. Whatever you need of me.”

His gaze had followed the red eyed king’s to the form of a mare and he cannot stop the smile upon his lips from growing wider. Like Offspring had Isle, he himself had found Roan. Back then they had been alike, they both had lacked the ability to see – but of course neither of them had known that back then – and both had find a home in the Tundra, where they had been dumped and shoved aside by others. Now they had found each other, and Brynmor wasn’t willing to let her go that easily.

He listens quietly to the black king, nodding once in a while to show it. Honestly, the graying male is surprised to hear that Offspring isn’t interested in the child swaps. Not too long ago Hurricane had brought that subject up and to Brynmor it had looked like that it was a common thing to do. Well, he still had lots to learn, and had to admit that this change of view sounded like the right thing to do. ”It will be nice to see youth running around, they will bring another kind of lively feel to the Tundra. You’re right, we should treasure our children, instead of giving them away just like that” he replies after a short pause, once Offspring’s words have fully settled in.

Offspring speaks of their strength and although he wanted to believe that, Brynmor cannot help but to be a bit sceptical. ”We still are with little, but the war didn’t affect the brotherhood. Our ranks aren’t divided or cracked, yet I’m not sure if other kingdoms will see our neutral hold as a strength. I guess they rather had us sided with them, and they can perhaps feel somewhat disappointed with us? If I recall correctly, before the war we had an alliance with the Amazons and we didn’t help them during their time in need.” He honestly hadn’t known that much about the relationship Hurricane had sought with other kingdoms. The most he had done were trips to the field in order to seek others to join the icy kingdom, politics were quite new to him and he lacked knowledge of the past relationships.

”Is there something in particular you want to learn about their new Queen? You say that you want to know where she stands, but other than that? Her view on how to rule the Valley and in which directions he wants to lead her kingdom? And what she thinks of alliances with other kingdoms? Or are  you just interested in what she would think of an alliance with the Tundra?”

He pauses, letting the words settle in and give Offspring some time to think of a reply. But only for a short moment, because there is still another question that lingers upon his lips. ”And what would you be interested in, if she’d ask me about the Tundra’s intentions and motivations?” Brynmor wouldn’t be surprised if she would ask that off him, after all, he would come to her and he didn’t want to appear upon the Valley’s doorstep being unprepared.

"Nothing is coming to rise."

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Nothing is coming to rise - Offspring, diplomats - by Offspring - 03-23-2016, 12:46 AM
    RE: Nothing is coming to rise - Offspring, diplomats - by Offspring - 03-23-2016, 11:17 PM
    RE: Nothing is coming to rise - Offspring, diplomats - by Brynmor - 03-27-2016, 06:28 AM
    RE: Nothing is coming to rise - Offspring, diplomats - by Offspring - 03-29-2016, 10:13 AM
    RE: Nothing is coming to rise - Offspring, diplomats - by Offspring - 04-03-2016, 02:14 PM