• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

This is a feeling I am not used to (Open, Kingdoms)

kreios

don't you tame your demons, but always keep them on a leash

With the burgeoning population of the Falls and another set of eyes on the border, I feel confident enough to leave the Falls under Jedi’s watchful eye. It’s not been incredibly long since I have been to the Field, but I still hesitate at the edge, building up the confidence necessary to enter. It feels like only yesterday that I was just as likely to stutter to speak in a conversation, and though years have passed since the healing of my tongue, the self-doubt still emerges every now and then. A long moment passes, and the rain freckles my already pied coat.

Then, with a deep breath, I step forward on silent paws, moving through the Field with a grace uncanny to a creature of my bulk. Taller in maturity than even my monstrous father, I am a hard sight to miss in the dreary autumn field. Though the majority of my coat is as pale as snow, the blood-red spatter of my mother’s spotted family is clearly prevalent. My red tail twitches as I walk, haired as a horse but flicking like a cat’s as I look across the dimly lit field with blown pupils that would never occur in an equine.

It is her color that catches my eye, the spots on her coat. Only when I come closer do I see that rather than the same brown as her coat they are a grassy green. “Nice spots,” I say, unable to miss seeing the thinness of her figure. My expression is friendly, as is the smile on my pale face, and I introduce myself with a nod of my head. “I’m Kreios. What’s your name?”

Messages In This Thread
    RE: This is a feeling I am not used to (Open, Kingdoms) - by Kreios - 03-21-2016, 09:12 AM