• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

this is the road to ruin - anyone

kreios

don't you tame your demons, but always keep them on a leash

I never tire of the change in seasons, even when I feel child to the bone in the winter. I had not seen enough of anything but summer in my childhood homes, and the bright colors of autumn are enthralling. My breath steams the air in front of me, and I turn at the sound of hooves landing in the leaves.

It is Ygritte, and at the familiar shade of salmon, I smile warmly in greeting. She is alone today, I see; perhaps the twins are finally old enough to be on their own. I’m never quite sure how long that is: I had not been there for Paxton or Szeth and the ways of the savannah were different than of Beqanna, though I had watched my sons mature there.

“S’good to see you too,” I reply, returning the friendly press of her muzzle with a gentle tap with my own atop her crest. My height makes some friendly gestures a bit more difficult, but I’ve always managed to adapt. “The kingdom’s growing,” I say with a happy smile; most of this is due to her relentless work in the Field, I know, “mostly thanks to you, of course.”

For a moment more I’m quiet, listening to her reply if she has one, and then add with an ostentatious look to her slim barrel: “What about you? Are you and Mandan planning on adding to the kingdom again this Spring?” I’ve not seen the bay stallion is sometime, but I am sure that he must be around somewhere. His presence is what has kept my interest in the pretty bay mare at a distance; I respect the claim of previous affections. Still, I am most accustomed to the life of a herd stallion. The mares around me have always been mares that belonged to me (and I too them; I am no archaic misogynist), and especially come Autumn it is hard to ignore the most base of instincts. I persevere though, I have enough control not to act (though perhaps not enough to stop my mind from wandering where it should not every now and again).

Messages In This Thread
    this is the road to ruin - anyone - by Kreios - 03-12-2016, 12:12 PM
    RE: this is the road to ruin - anyone - by Kreios - 03-19-2016, 06:14 PM
    RE: this is the road to ruin - anyone - by Kreios - 03-21-2016, 09:56 AM
    RE: this is the road to ruin - anyone - by Kreios - 03-23-2016, 01:35 PM
    RE: this is the road to ruin - anyone - by Kreios - 04-01-2016, 06:28 PM