• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

now I'm pulling all the strings, ramiel/any

It was easier for Ramiel; of course it was. He felt strongly about everything - his kingdom, his sister. She wished she could understand his passion, how easily he could throw himself completely into whatever he loved, but she couldn’t. It was difficult enough for her to admit to herself that she had missed him, that she felt things for him beyond just their mutual respect and friendship; she couldn’t admit these feelings to him. Ea could never picture herself being soft for Ramiel like her mother was soft for her father. It had always seemed easy for Scorch, to love and be loved, but that was one thing she had never taught her daughter. Perhaps it was something that couldn’t be learned.

She didn’t know about the war, but it wouldn’t surprise her. There was always tension in Beqanna – they were always on the verge of some war, somewhere. But the Dale was quiet, safe. Honestly, it wouldn’t be worth going to war over the Dale, with its small but loyal following. The neutral kingdoms were similar in that way. It was always the Valley or the Chamber causing problems, stereotypically, and often times the Falls and the Dale were safe havens. Ea felt as though she was above war, above fighting – fighting was for those not smart enough to get what they wanted another way.

He’s here quickly, by her side and out of breath. It would be unsettling if she wasn’t herself, and didn’t know Ramiel like she did, but instead it was a comfort to know that he was there. He looks the same as he did the last time she was here – gray and gold and not all quite there, as if a piece of him was somewhere else, unattainable. Ghostly.

“Ram,” she says, a brief smile and then: “would you believe me if I said yes, anyway?”

She would like to stay – to be here with him, in the kingdom that should have been hers and still could be, one day – but it isn’t easy for her to make promises. “Well,” she says, with a sigh, not quite sure what else to say.

ea

now you're staring at a queen.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: now I'm pulling all the strings, ramiel/any - by Ea - 03-19-2016, 12:25 PM