• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

The PRiNCESS Portrayal

kreios

don't you tame your demons, but always keep them on a leash

Though the war drags on in other parts of Beqanna, there is no sign of violence in the Field. The summer sun is bright and warm, and as I stand beneath the shade of a large beech, it dapples my white coat and turns the handful of chestnut spots to varying shades of mahogany.

I am here to find members for our small kingdom, but I am in no hurry. I’d rather see who is here and gauge their interest than approach the horse in nearest proximity. Most of the occupants of the Field are gathered in a large bunch, but movement in the corner of my eye catches my attention, and I turn my head to see a pale mare lashing out at the sky with the front hooves. A smile wrinkles the edge of my mouth; I remember what it was like to want to be noticed.

I wait until she has finished her dancing to approach, careful to not crowd her but still near enough to converse comfortably. She’s a pretty thing, that’s certain, but I’d like to think that I’m past the age where I can be easily swayed by a pretty face and a neat figure.

“I hope you were trying to get attention,” I say with a friendly sort of nonchalance, “Because you’re certainly going to get it.”

It’s obvious that I too, tend to get my share of attention. It’s attention of a different kind, of course, I am no dainty feminine creature. Instead, I have inherited my Percheron sire’s heavy built and imposing height, and my mother’s bright coloring. I am difficult to miss: red and white and eighteen hands tall, but I have always fit the gentle giant sterotype (with the flash of a redhead’s temper). “My name’s Kreios. What’s yours?”

Messages In This Thread
    The PRiNCESS Portrayal - by TEALi - 03-11-2016, 11:56 PM
    RE: The PRiNCESS Portrayal - by Kreios - 03-12-2016, 01:06 PM
    RE: The PRiNCESS Portrayal - by TEALi - 03-12-2016, 04:34 PM
    RE: The PRiNCESS Portrayal - by Kreios - 03-13-2016, 01:25 PM
    RE: The PRiNCESS Portrayal - by TEALi - 03-13-2016, 09:14 PM
    RE: The PRiNCESS Portrayal - by Kreios - 03-14-2016, 12:39 PM
    RE: The PRiNCESS Portrayal - by TEALi - 03-15-2016, 10:19 PM
    RE: The PRiNCESS Portrayal - by Kreios - 03-16-2016, 11:37 PM
    RE: The PRiNCESS Portrayal - by Flower - 03-17-2016, 08:55 PM
    RE: The PRiNCESS Portrayal - by Kreios - 03-18-2016, 12:52 PM
    RE: The PRiNCESS Portrayal - by TEALi - 03-18-2016, 09:39 PM