• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the wolves knew a lion was among them; yael
    oh, where do we begin? the rubble or our sins?
    Yael laughs again. Oh, Rhynn must find that irritating. Silly rabbit.

“Eef I vanted a slave, I could brainvash you and you vouldn’t even known eet.” No, that isn’t Yael’s style. Neither is what she’s about to ask for, but in a way, it still is, if  you really know her. She’s beginning to change. In both subtle and not so subtle ways. The truth is that the world will walk all over her if she doesn’t learn to play a little dirty, even if pains her admit it. They need members - loyal members - and this could be an interesting way to get one. She briefly wonders if Vanquish would be angry at her for this - it would be a bit of a double standard she thinks - and this way is like finding a loophole.

Yael, the great mother. She’d take in all the children if she could.

It is decided. She plows forward with a clipped, brusque manner. “Geev me a child next season, one sired by me, and agree to ze bind t’at you vill not ever go against ze Desert, lest your power be revoked, and you shall haf eet.” The rest of her life is hers to do with as she pleases. One child. An unspoken cease fire against the Desert, so that her own gift would not be turned into a weapon against its issuer. Everyone is happy. So she waits to see what Rhynn thinks. If she doesn’t take it, it’s no skin off Yael’s back.

YAEL
    mother, queen, magician

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the wolves knew a lion was among them; yael - by Yael - 03-09-2016, 11:30 AM