• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

breathe through me

watch your tongue or have it cut from your head,
    save your life by keeping whispers unsaid.

"Amoxia," He says finally, allowing the name to settle deep within the recesses of his mind. Even if she were to turn his offer down and step away, he was certain he would never forget such a spitfire and would surely see her again in another place or time. A name would be a useful aid in such an event. The faint simper that had been on his lips moments ago finally wavered and faded - he was not one for overtly cheerful tactics; he was simply brutally honest. He had come seeking the interest of others, but not necessarily their favor. He had a feeling he was not garnering either with her, but it was decidedly difficult to tell.

"My selling point is this. Our valley is led by a King with a sense of humor, and our leaders are unusual characters in and of themselves. While we are not as brutal as some, we do not back down in the face of a fight, we hold our alliances true and we do everything in our power to defend what we have. We are small, but mighty, and growing by the day. We have every season - maybe too cold in the winter for my taste, but balanced overall - and it isn't half bad to look at, either. We seek those like you - strong-willed, powerful in their own right."

He pauses for effect, and also to contemplate his next words. He knows that she seeks confirmation that he does, indeed, have something to offer her, but he knows down to the marrow of his bones that it is everything and more. Fellowship, companionship, family. He had never known such things before, and he would stand with the broad, open valley until his dying breath. He gently shifts his wings, which rise towards the sun and catch its light, glimmering and casting a unique shadow replica of the pattern engraved into them. The breeze is gentle but relieves him beneath the warm sun.

"We have a war and a peace caste, in which we hold several rankings. Each one has its various tasks and accomplishments and esteem is not difficult to obtain in the kingdom. Again, you would be a valuable asset - I can tell by the few words we've exchanged. You can come with me to a land of opportunity, or remain here under the hot sun in the stark of day. It is your choice. I know that our King, Demian, would be glad to have you."

elysium

no mercy from the edge of the blade,
    dare escape and learn the price to be paid.

Messages In This Thread
    breathe through me - by Amoxia - 03-07-2016, 08:08 PM
    RE: breathe through me - by Elysium - 03-08-2016, 04:52 AM
    RE: breathe through me - by Amoxia - 03-08-2016, 01:36 PM
    RE: breathe through me - by Elysium - 03-08-2016, 06:38 PM
    RE: breathe through me - by Amoxia - 03-08-2016, 06:52 PM
    RE: breathe through me - by Elysium - 03-08-2016, 07:05 PM
    RE: breathe through me - by Amoxia - 03-08-2016, 07:24 PM
    RE: breathe through me - by Elysium - 03-08-2016, 08:22 PM