• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i've got scars that can't be seen | speck

I could feel the adrenaline coarse through my body as I ran. The wind wove itself through my mane and went blasting out the other side. Surely if there were flies following me they would be captured by the vortex. I tossed my head upwards and let out an uproarious laugh. It filled my chest with freedom and relief. I simply exhaled heavily once the noise sputtered away. My legs were filled with another type of spirit. They held power and strength within their tiny dimensions. My hooves caught the dirt and lift tiny dents in the green carpet as I flew by. I flew by rows of trees, mounds of earth, and several tall, chattering horses. I barely caught hints of their scent as I dodged my way around them. I am sure I looked more like a careless filly then an adult mare, but little did I care. I knew how to live with more life and passion than all of them combined.

Usually when I sprinted my way through the meadow it was during the height of the day. The sun and the heat invigorated me. It always shined brightly against my coat, complimenting the one unique value that it possessed (the yellow and green highlights, of course!). Today was different. I am not sure why I descended upon the meadow when the sky was falling to sleep- but I hadn’t gotten most of my energy out. AND who can sleep with reams of life pulsating through their veins? Not me!

I crisscrossed through several duos, maybe a trio or two before I grew thirsty. It didn’t take much to fill up my small belly, which was good because I hated filling up. I turned quickly and without slowing my speed in the direction of the brook that curled itself around the common grounds. I made my way with heavy-footed hooves and with my unfurled mane growing bigger in the wind. I am sure I was a silly sight, so I laughed again. My laughter would have normally turned into giggles, but instead as soon as I saw the figure standing so delicately in my path- it turned into horror. My hooves pushed forward (I thought it would help me break), but instead I went tumbling over. My butt flung forward twisting my head in a direction I had not yet learned could actually happen. Soon enough I landed in a curled position below the other horse. I moaned. ”Owww…..”
    speck
    tiny daughter of brennen and bother

Messages In This Thread
    i've got scars that can't be seen | speck - by Elysium - 02-20-2016, 09:21 PM
    RE: i've got scars that can't be seen | speck - by Speck - 03-08-2016, 06:30 PM
    RE: i've got scars that can't be seen | speck - by Elysium - 03-08-2016, 06:51 PM
    RE: i've got scars that can't be seen | speck - by Elysium - 03-08-2016, 08:03 PM
    RE: i've got scars that can't be seen | speck - by Elysium - 03-11-2016, 10:10 PM
    RE: i've got scars that can't be seen | speck - by Elysium - 03-12-2016, 09:17 PM