• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Absorbing tears time had left inside me ( Covet, ANY )
    126 years.
    Covet turned 126 years old just a few days before, a date not entirely unknown to him. It's not that Covet could tell time, or that he had much concept of years vs. months vs. days, but Covet knew his age was peaking. He knew it the minute he laid eyes on the two fillies he found to be his heirs. He approached Librette hoping she'd give him a son, but she gave him two daughters.

Such was his luck.

At 126, you've seen a lot. Faces pass in a blur of unrecognizable masses. Time is a concept that becomes shady, at best. When you've watched kings rise and fall and queens perish and be reborn...well. He'd witnessed royalty fall from the sky. He'd seen resurrection, he'd seen a lot. A lot a lot. And now he looks at the faces of the youth and wonders who will take his place when he dies.

Decades age he found a necromancer who told him he'd die one day, but not any time soon.
    What is "soon" to an immortal?

Covet looks at this child and does not recognize him, mistakes him for a newcomer. Or maybe he'd been born recently? No, he's not a child child, he's just younger than Covet. Neither of these are a real feat.

"Who are you?" he asks, blinking.
    Covet
    got a long list of ex lovers they’ll tell you i’m insane

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Absorbing tears time had left inside me ( Covet, ANY ) - by Covet - 05-05-2015, 10:06 AM