• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

breathe through me

watch your tongue or have it cut from your head,
    save your life by keeping whispers unsaid.

The sun was glaring down, radiating a heat that hinted at the oncoming approach of summer. It festered at the surface of his skin, which was covered in a soft beige layer of flaky scales, as sweat seeped between the multiple layers. His eyes glittered gently in the light; they were large, compound and though they could see the many colors and intriguing shapes of the world, it was often a blur until it was brought into focus. He pushed forward from the shadows, his six legs (four forelegs, two hindlegs) shifting in perfect harmony as he stalked gracefully onto the field.

Gentle tendrils of wheat lapped softly at his hocks, teasing the sensitive skin as he began to bathe his many limbs in their caresses. A warm breeze drifted through the lull of the valley, carrying the heady scent of another female, suggesting that perhaps the land was not as desolate and lonely as he had previous come to think. He lifted his wings towards the sky, outstretching their moth-like shape and flexing the muscles. They were heavily patterned, formed for camouflage though it mostly it had served him as decoration alone. The fluttered lightly at the pressure of the oncoming gust of wind, and again he tucked them along his spine.

He knew he looked unusual; he did not need to draw more attention to himself than he already naturally would.

Elysium pressed forward, overcoming a small slope and it is then that he sees her in her caramelized glory. Her stance was one of disdain and displeasure, which caused his mouth to tug up at the corners in a faint smirk. He could appreciate attitude, and hers was certainly an indignant one. He studies her cream-tainted pelt and their smoky points, and her unusual eyes - it takes him a moment to focus his own strange pair of eyes on her but the color difference is remarkably unique. He moves closer, yet maintains distance - he does not want to startle her, disgust her or cause her alarm.

He does not want her for himself; it is companionship within his kingdom that he seeks.

Hopefully that is not a tough sell.

"Good afternoon," his soft tenor rises, echoing in the otherwise empty space. "My name is Elysium, and I come from the Valley - a kingdom southeast of here. What brings you here?"

elysium

no mercy from the edge of the blade,
    dare escape and learn the price to be paid.

Messages In This Thread
    breathe through me - by Amoxia - 03-07-2016, 08:08 PM
    RE: breathe through me - by Elysium - 03-08-2016, 04:52 AM
    RE: breathe through me - by Amoxia - 03-08-2016, 01:36 PM
    RE: breathe through me - by Elysium - 03-08-2016, 06:38 PM
    RE: breathe through me - by Amoxia - 03-08-2016, 06:52 PM
    RE: breathe through me - by Elysium - 03-08-2016, 07:05 PM
    RE: breathe through me - by Amoxia - 03-08-2016, 07:24 PM
    RE: breathe through me - by Elysium - 03-08-2016, 08:22 PM