• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

breathe through me

Enter Amoxia, stage left. The sun is bright overhead, gentle wind, cloudless sky. Scene is a field, small cliques of horses scattered around, a small brook babbling through one corner in the distance.
    Someone once said all the world’s a stage. Someone was an idiot. The world’s not a stage, it’s a test. A test to see who can survive and who can’t. I knew this. Had always known this. Would always know this. It was the first lesson I had learned as a filly. You never forgot your first lesson.
    Light mismatched eyes peer out at the Field from the cover of the small forest on the sidelines. I wasn’t sure I wanted to do this. I’d known about the Field forever, but it wasn’t really my scene you know? This was the kind of happily-ever-after place that those other girls – you know, the ones with the bright tooth paste commercial smiles and too much blush – go to find Prince Charming. I didn’t want any of that bullshit. Then again, I wasn’t really sure what I DID want, so who was I to talk? 
    Dark legs carry my slim body into the sunlight after a while. I’d finally kicked my own ass and told myself not to be a pussy and to just go for it. Hiding in the shadows was for emos and cowards, and that wasn’t me. The day I became one of them was the day I chucked myself off a cliff somewhere. It’s not like anyone’d miss me. Mom probably forgot she even had a kid. She’d wandered off for good finally about a year ago, and I didn’t bother going to look for her. Whatever mother-daughter bond people think existed was all in their heads, cause the only thing me and Soulgasm shared was some DNA. No more than I have in common with whatever horny, sweaty palmed, smooth talking john my Mom hooked up with one night to create me – the accidental consequence of her fun loving ways. Soulgasm probably had dozens of other kids like me out there, abandoned and forgotten about. Not that she’d ever said as much to me. No, conversations with Mom tended to go more along the lines of “I’m bored – amuse me.” Yeah, great parenting.
    With a snort of derision at my thoughts I finally decide I’m near enough the center of this Field place and my movement stops. Heterochromatic eyes glare out at my surroundings as my tail lashes against my hindquarters. Probably not the most approachable vibe to give off, but hey – I’m no people person. I learned early on that the more badass you look, the less people tend to bother you. Kind of ironic then that now I’m here almost purposefully waiting for someone to come up to me.

Amoxia

Buckskin Friesian/Anglo-Arabian hybrid  mare
    Gunsynd x Soulgasm

Messages In This Thread
    breathe through me - by Amoxia - 03-07-2016, 08:08 PM
    RE: breathe through me - by Elysium - 03-08-2016, 04:52 AM
    RE: breathe through me - by Amoxia - 03-08-2016, 01:36 PM
    RE: breathe through me - by Elysium - 03-08-2016, 06:38 PM
    RE: breathe through me - by Amoxia - 03-08-2016, 06:52 PM
    RE: breathe through me - by Elysium - 03-08-2016, 07:05 PM
    RE: breathe through me - by Amoxia - 03-08-2016, 07:24 PM
    RE: breathe through me - by Elysium - 03-08-2016, 08:22 PM