• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

bayom hahu - kabechet, any
    Oh El Hashem, it feels good to laugh again; to feel more than mere satisfaction with the way of the world at the moment is a gift the child does not know she has given.

They chatter and giggle some more on the walk back to the Desert. Even if Kabe already knew how to fly, it would have been a long flight and doing it in one fell swoop took some getting used to. Besides, they needed time to get to know each other, and Yael would rather learn more about her newest daughter than try to simultaneously chat and keep an eye on her in the sky. She would like to give the girl her full attention - which is something some of her other children rarely got.

First things first, she wanted to know the girl’s history, and though she could probably have surreptitiously plucked it from her mind without Kabe ever feeling a thing, she didn’t want to start off their relationship like that. She rarely read her children’s minds, preferring to focus on what they were feeling instead. Feelings were easier to see, easier to deal with and ‘fix,’ when the case called for it. After a lull in the conversation, Yael takes a deep breath, “I don’t mean to pry, dear but I cannot xelp but vonder xow anyvone could leave you? Do you remember anyt’ing of your mozer? Of course, you do not xaf to answer. I vas simply curious. And please feel free to ahsk me anyt’ing, Kabe. I am an open book.”

Now she is. Now she is an open book. There was a time when she kept a few secrets from her loved ones. But those days were over.

They are not too far from the border now, and the spicy, cinnamon and slightly earthy smell of the Desert seems more welcoming now than the past twelve months combined. She can’t wait to show her to Van’s tree. He would have liked her.

Yael, guardian of the desert

Messages In This Thread
    bayom hahu - kabechet, any - by Yael - 05-04-2015, 05:31 PM
    RE: bayom hahu - kabechet, any - by Silverbell - 05-09-2015, 01:20 PM
    RE: bayom hahu - kabechet, any - by Yael - 05-15-2015, 11:46 AM