• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

for queen and country - anyone

I need to be redeemed to the one I've sinned against,
    because he's all I ever knew of love...

Kimber's entire life had just spun out of control in the last few hours between trying to fight in a war, keep her children safe and stretch herself between two men. The blue mare rushes to her son's side, coaxing him up with tears welling in her eyes but she pulls them back as he slowly wakes. She tries to guard him from seeing Zayn attacking the Gates member but like the tide ebbs and flows, you can hear the blood and bones cracking and sputtering onto the ashened ground. Mama, wha- she stomps her foot and urges him to join with Shaytan and Siberian. She notes his disorientation and that his left ear is hanging low as compared to his other - hopefully it wouldn't affect him as an adult.

Before she can even regain her composure, Nymph is with Zayn and has risen the dead. The bay is angry and she knows that some of that anger is displaced, some of his anger was really intended for her. She pushes herself to Nymph's side as she herself is weak but must rejoin the rest of the battle soon. She can only hope that the children will be safe with Siberian and Shaytan as she does so but for now she realizes that Nymph is growing weak, he begins to shake and as much as Kimber disliked him she cared for him just as much. Unfortunately she was no healer and the Amazonian Jungle mare had their healer tied up - all she could do was be a shoulder for him and she is, her bloody chin reaching out to touch the bay's, her breath is hot and her nostrils slowly start to return to a normal size. She feels some comfort in the time of war, even if for a small moment. It doesn't last long because Nymph cannot leave things alone, he must press until he gets an answer; particularly one he wants. The honest truth was Kimber couldn't be sure who fathered the children, Warship or Nymph, both looked strikingly like each respective father. Neither child had met either man so that would be a more awkward conversation. Such a tulmultuous time in the blue mare's life and it would soon, unbeknowst to her, grow to be more troublesome. "Nymph, I don't know whose they are, okay?" she says, disgruntled because no one likes to admit they've been with multiple men in one night, especially to lose their virginity for pete's sake. "Vaughan might be yours, he doesn't listen very well and is always pushing his luck. Vessel is a little more like the other potential father in terms of attitude... " she says, side eyeing the bay as she moves away slowly, not knowing if he had blew off enough steam to keep from being angry. She'd prefer her children only witness a stranger being beaten until a pulp, not their mother, too.

With seeing Nymph all she can think of is how guilty it makes her feel - of the night they shared, the fruitations of that night and now her failure of making a family unit. She had been so worried, not having a mother herself, that she forgot to include it's important to have a father. There isn't much time to deliberate though, war is upon them and though the blue mare would find any excuse to exit a hard conversation, an emotional conversation - she is needed. "Shaytan, Siberian - I owe you for watching over the children, Zayn, thank you for saving my son," she says with a look that expresses much more than she can verbally; she is indebted to them, "Nymph, I..." she says, breathy with a softness never shown before, "I can't repay you but I hope I see you later, I really do." She looks to their children then and back to the bay stallion as her bruised and bloody body takes her back into the thick of the war.

Will she always be choosing between Nymph and Warship - or her inability to do so?

Kimber

Messages In This Thread
    for queen and country - anyone - by Shaytan - 02-25-2016, 09:58 PM
    RE: for queen and country - anyone - by Siberian - 02-25-2016, 11:41 PM
    RE: for queen and country - anyone - by Astray - 02-26-2016, 12:26 AM
    RE: for queen and country - anyone - by Zayn - 02-26-2016, 06:46 PM
    RE: for queen and country - anyone - by Kimber - 02-26-2016, 11:19 PM
    RE: for queen and country - anyone - by Vessel - 02-27-2016, 12:07 AM
    RE: for queen and country - anyone - by Siberian - 02-27-2016, 04:06 AM
    RE: for queen and country - anyone - by Shaytan - 02-27-2016, 06:40 PM
    RE: for queen and country - anyone - by Zayn - 02-27-2016, 10:46 PM
    RE: for queen and country - anyone - by Siberian - 02-28-2016, 03:24 PM