• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Wishing For A New Life, A New Start [ANY]

I am the dark and I am the light

Little did I expect him, or any horse here, to be calm or knowing at all. This one, however, had the wisdom and control that can come through age.
    "I'd be glad to walk, and I wish to be here to start a new life, and to try and forget my past. We can certainly talk." I say briskly, wishing we were all simply done with this "ritual" as I called it. I understood he needed to assure himself I am worth bringing into this small kingdom; it is why I chose this one, because it is small and separated from the world. Waiting was likely to help me become a better horse, it showed I could wait until it was time to act.
      Shadows creeped in, the stars blotted out by thick storm clouds. Lightning crashed with thunder in the heavens above us. "Why?" I asked, a small filly, wishing to be better capable of defending against nature or against predators. "Why a foal, with no skills, to be given out?" I ask, knowing nothing could answer this question.
      "Anything in particular you wish to know about me? Or for me to know about this Kingdom?" I ask, having brought myself out of the flashback which happened every so often - a grim reminder of why I was how I am - with a shaking body. "Just... a flashback." I add quickly, hoping he knew why I'd want such a new start in my destiny, to be away from my past's location. this would help me, I supposed, to get a hold on my nightmares and flashbacks. I'd be away from the source of my scarring, my anger, my losses.

G'REN

I am the moon, I am the starless sky

@[Brynmor]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Wishing For A New Life, A New Start [ANY] - by G'oreal - 02-28-2016, 04:59 PM