• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'll hold with those who favor fire [any]

The fire had returned. It had slipped through the forest unnoticed, quiet and calculating. It had arrived without grandeur or fanfare this time. There had been no obvious signs of its arrival, no obvious signs it had ever left in the first place.

Fire is often like that- here and gone in the blink of an instant.

But he was back, Flamevein, the fire of the Valley. The son of the feared Carnage. A product of magic generations old, through first his sire and then his grandfather Cancer. Magic coursed through his veins and somewhere along the way met gasoline, creating fire. No, he could not bring the heavens crashing to earth, or turn the tides of the ocean. But he could burn the whole damn world to the ground if the spirit ever struck him to do so. He had long since figured bones and flesh would be the easiest of it all to burn.

He slid through the trees like a ghost. This land was by now familiar to him, or perhaps it had always been so and he was just now realizing it. After all, this kingdom was surely his birth right in some fashion. While he may not be fit for a throne (yet) he was essentially spat from the loins of this kingdom. The trees swayed to a gentle breeze and he pushed his head upwards and into it. Despite his earlier intentions to slip in unnoticed, it simply wasn’t his style. Always the ringmaster, never the bystander. A wicked smile laced otherwise handsome lips, and the path around him came to life. Or death, depending on how one were to view his actions. The briars and the thorns blazed and he swore he heard them begging for their life. Rabbits darted from their now deadly cover, surely cursing his name and the very day he was born. Less fucks he could not give. So with the night alive with the sights and sounds of fire, he was content. Content to wait for someone to come hurrying to see the commotion, or not, he couldn’t care less. But it would be horribly irresponsible of him to leave such a mess unattended.

flamevein
    i set fire to the rain

Messages In This Thread
    i'll hold with those who favor fire [any] - by Flamevein - 05-04-2015, 02:27 PM
    how the mighty have fallen - by Davorin - 05-04-2015, 06:49 PM
    RE: i'll hold with those who favor fire [any] - by Heliotrope - 05-05-2015, 01:08 PM