• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

out of the ashes - kavi, bergamont, erebor
    Kavi jests in response, and she expects. And she has come to enjoy the easy familiarity that exists between her and her Uncle, a family connection she has truthfully never had in anyone else. Other than Oksana. But how short lived that moment had been. Lu didn’t speak to her. Rodrik was gone (unsurprisingly). Her father had never really introduced her to her family unless they had come to them. He may have loved his family, but he had done a terrible job of imparting that on Straia. She loved them, but she had never been given a chance to know them.

”I think you underestimate how charming I can be.” Charming is not her natural state. She prefers blunt and honest. Life is easier that way. Though she’s quite capable of playing a very good diplomat. She is her father’s daughter, and she knows how to manipulate. But of course, Kavi knows this too. Still, she’s perfectly content to leave the bulk of the diplomacy up to Kavi. It’s his forte, after all.

Then Erebor arrives. Kavi’s surprise is well justified. Straia had of course told him she wouldn’t be starting a brood of children any time soon. And to be fair, she hadn’t. She had one. Though she would have more eventually, because the Chamber needed it, and she would always do what the Chamber needed her to do. But for the time, Erebor was more than enough. The boy was dedicated and smart and quick. Hopefully, whenever she did have more, she could produce a few more replicas of him. The prodigal son of the Chamber. She expected that one day he’d far surpass her. But that’s the goal, right? To make your children better than you were?

”I do believe I told you I wouldn’t have a whole horde of them,” she says with a grin. “It’s just the one.” Of course, the unspoken truth is that the Chamber needed members. This wasn’t a guaranteed way of getting them, but it was perhaps the easiest. Her son has no delusions of why he exists, just as she didn’t have any delusions about why she existed. She simply loved her son anyway, in a way her father had not. In a way that suited both mother and son very well.

Bergamont has changed colors in the course of the conversation, and Kavi confirms what Straia had suspected as the boy reaches out to nudge his father. She smiles at the boy though, nodding slightly as Kavi speaks. “No, he needs no more at all. That is far more magnificent.” She loves her forests, loves seeing them painted on someone else’s skin as well. And she knows too in that moment exactly what Kavi has given up to stay here, and she nods her thanks to him as well.

straia

queen of the chamber

I'm so far behind, I know, sorry guys. If you want to end this thread here we totally can. I know it's pretty out of date at this point.

Messages In This Thread
    there will be scars - by Erebor - 04-03-2015, 10:21 PM
    RE: out of the ashes - kavi, bergamont, erebor - by Straia - 05-04-2015, 11:58 AM