• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

between the shadows and the soul
    Wichita
    surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life
    Some people, or horses for that matter, are just in the wrong place at the wrong time. This is Wichita’s life story, truly, because somehow she always ended up somewhere she shouldn’t be.

Today that somewhere is a little too close to the Mother tree, a little too surrounded with her young. Tioga and the twins, Evolet, little Kena. She pulls from the Empath magic, forming a bear of bravery when the Raven Queen stands before her, it’s not enough though. The little dappled mare is too unpracticed to keep the creation going, she watches it fizzle out with her fear.

At first they were birds, just birds. except they are not. Spikes protrude from this in a threatening manner, her eyes gloss over with tears as she looks back at her brood. “Fine, I’ll come just leave them be.” She stands shakily, holding her tiny frame as tall as she can manage. She follows to spare them, she follows because she believes if she does so her home will be spared once again. Much like the time Fiasko had been swept away, never to return. Never.

She knows this now as the Raven Queen shouts, ‘Fiasko is dead! Fiasko is dead!’
    ------------------------
    Another woman accompanies them, Rhy, the Amazon Wichita had met only once. “Ya know whats goin’ on? We gon be okay righ’?’ Her accent comes forth in thick drawls, entirely too backwoods to properly decipher. Its to the Desert they go and for a moment Wichita recalls the golden woman Yael. The magic grandmother of Rucker and her hopes have no time to rise.

------------------------

Here lies Wichita--

Mother of--Tioga, Bly, Romilly, Guthrie, Rucker, Evolet, and Kena
    Lover of--Rapscallion
    Friend to many

My children: I love you, more than my own life itself. Please be strong, please be smart, please learn from my mistakes but don’t be afraid to make your own.

Rapscallion: I loved you, so very much. I believed there was more to you than what others think, than what you yourself might think. Thank you for the time we shared even if it was for only moments, it will bring me happiness forever.

the Gates:  You took me into this world that was not my own. You made me part of your family and showed me kindness I had never known before. You made me safe, no matter what has taken place. I’ll miss you my friends, see you in paradise...

amen.

Lady and Governor of Heaven's Gates

Messages In This Thread
    between the shadows and the soul - by Straia - 02-25-2016, 01:16 PM
    RE: between the shadows and the soul - by Kratos - 02-25-2016, 03:52 PM
    RE: between the shadows and the soul - by Wichita - 02-25-2016, 05:36 PM
    RE: between the shadows and the soul - by Mast - 02-25-2016, 06:21 PM
    RE: between the shadows and the soul - by Mast - 02-25-2016, 10:01 PM
    RE: between the shadows and the soul - by Straia - 02-26-2016, 09:41 AM
    RE: between the shadows and the soul - by Rhy - 02-26-2016, 02:50 PM
    RE: between the shadows and the soul - by Kratos - 02-26-2016, 10:20 PM