• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

we need love, but all we want is danger; birthing, any

kreios

don't you tame your demons, but always keep them on a leash

Her defensiveness is not unexpected, and even as Lucrezia puts herself between us I am craning around her for a better looks at the little colt as he finds his feet. I step forward again when she turns back to the boy, and though I do not speak I do press my shoulder against her in a greeting, trusting that she will understand that it is not that I am displeased to see her, only that I am more enthralled by the child.

Our son, she says.

Yes, I think, yes, I can see my occasional spots on his hide, and the way his tail flicks about.

My son.

“Hello Rome,” I say, lowering my head so that the two of us are at eye level. I wuff out a heavy breath when he’s close enough, and then chuckle as the sound – or something – causes the boy to turn and flee back to the safety of his mother’s side. I follow him, but this time my amber gaze stays with Lucrezia. “He’s wonderful,” I tell her, pride and honesty clear in my voice, “You will be a wonderful mother.”

I will be a good father too, my stance at her side suggests. I will do my best, as I have always tried to do for my children. If I’d known she was with child, there would have been much less of a delay in my return to the kingdom. Accidents happen, I remember my mother saying, though as I look back down at Rome I think that perhaps sometimes accidents can turn out to be blessings in disguise.

The load beat of wings has been drawing closer for some time, and when I look up to see my father landing near the palms I am not startled. Though when the sand shifts at his feet, I take a step between him and Lucrezia. It is only Tarnished, I see as the sand takes shape, and I move back (somewhat pridefully - I would like them to see my son) to my original position.

Lucrezia beckons them forward, telling them to come and meet the newest member of the Deserts’ family. Yes, I realize, they do belong here. They really belong with me, of course, where I can keep them safest, but I’d not presume to ask it of Lucrezia – no more than my father had asked it of my own mother.

“His name is Rome,” I say to the black stallions as they come forward.

i'm clearly super great at threads bc i totally forgot about this one entirely D:

Messages In This Thread
    RE: we need love, but all we want is danger; birthing, any - by Kreios - 02-24-2016, 05:05 PM