• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

“What do you fear, lady?' he asked. 'A cage,' she said.”; All Kingdom

kreios

don't you tame your demons, but always keep them on a leash

Though I have done my best to keep busy, there is no denying that I have failed. My attempts at recruiting had fallen on deaf ears, and while I am sure Raines is happy wherever she has settled, I am disappointed that it was not the Falls.

Texas had left one sunny afternoon for a jaunt t othe Meadow – or so he had said. I’ve not seen the bay stallion since, though the idea that he might have abandoned the kingdom does not sit well with me. Though we had spent many a long afternoon regaling each other with tales of the past (he had so many more than I), he had never shared anything that hinted that he might be a deserter.

Perhaps I had been wrong.

The sound of a summons rouses me from my single-minded trip around the border, and I stop with one front foot raised as I try to identify the caller. Ygritte, I decide, and not Texas. I respond with the same haste (prompt replies to kingdoms summons had been instilled in me even as a newborn), and I soon see the bay mare ahead of me, her salmon hair bright even against the autumn leaves.

“Ygritte,” I say, stretching out my pale muzzle toward her in greeting. We have not grown as close as Texas might have intended, but I find her friendly, and am sure that given times we might be friends. I had intended to say something pleasant, a greeting or a jest, but the seriousness in her expression makes it clear that now is no time for such things.

“I’ve not seen Texas in weeks,” I say instead, trying my best to keep the worry from my face. It works, I know, but there is uncertainty in my tenor voice that I cannot entirely hide. He is her father, I know, and while I have lost mine too, I at least knew where he had gone and was not left wondering. “Have you?”

Messages In This Thread
    RE: “What do you fear, lady?' he asked. 'A cage,' she said.”; All Kingdom - by Kreios - 02-24-2016, 10:47 AM