• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

An Undefined Soul; Any

kreios

don't you tame your demons, but always keep them on a leash

When Librette elaborates on the Valley, I am easily able to fill in what she leaves out in the space behind her words. I know enough of the place (despite my sire’s hatred of the place he was not one for dramatic embellishments) to do so, but I am also sure that nothing incredibly terrible has gone on there of late. At least, nothing that the gossips have caught on about, though they have a magician that might easily quiet any rumors. It is a diplomats place to worry, I remind myself; there is no need to concern myself with the inner workings of a kingdom I will never see.

When it is time for Nymeria to speak again, I recognize the uncertainty in her gaze (I’ve worn it myself more times than I can count), and shift my attention to the horizon beyond her shoulder. Best to not make her feel the center of attention, even if we all know that is what is happening. Eye contact is stressful; I always stuttered beneath my father’s black gaze even without a broken mouth. Only when I see, from the corner of my eye, that she is now looking squarely at me do I return my attention, and with it a smile.

“I, oh. Okay. Great.” My awkward answer is in stark contrast to her politeness, but I’ve never done this before – this having of someone accept my offer of a herd – and I am not sure what is appropriately enthusiastic. “It’s the Orange Country,” I tell her, naming the herd land closest to the kingdom of the Dewdrop Desert. I’d decided that its proximity is the most beneficial, and I am rather fond of the particular shade of orange of the entire place.

Messages In This Thread
    An Undefined Soul; Any - by Nymeria - 04-25-2015, 09:28 PM
    RE: An Undefined Soul; Any - by Sunday - 04-26-2015, 08:46 AM
    RE: An Undefined Soul; Any - by Kreios - 04-26-2015, 09:04 AM
    RE: An Undefined Soul; Any - by Librette - 04-26-2015, 11:59 PM
    RE: An Undefined Soul; Any - by Nymeria - 04-27-2015, 06:34 PM
    RE: An Undefined Soul; Any - by Sunday - 04-27-2015, 07:20 PM
    RE: An Undefined Soul; Any - by Kreios - 04-28-2015, 08:09 AM
    RE: An Undefined Soul; Any - by Librette - 05-02-2015, 11:01 AM
    RE: An Undefined Soul; Any - by Nymeria - 05-02-2015, 03:41 PM
    RE: An Undefined Soul; Any - by Kreios - 05-03-2015, 03:03 PM