• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Run in the shadows [Killdare, Any]
    I can still hear you saying - 
    you would never break the chain 

He finds her, of course he finds her. When his wings brush against her skin she feels fresh tears threatening to spill across her cheeks, but she only grinds her teeth and closes her eyes, settling herself the best way she knew how. She melts into him, finds his chest with her nose and then collapses against his sturdy build with an exhausted sob. Her coat ceases its wild flashing, drains slowly again to white. Dacia’s mind is still racing, however, and her body is trembling from the effort of recalling the scene. “Astri she’s … gone.” She begins, speaking of her mother’s death without fully clarifying the situation. She gathers herself, inhales, and then begins to speak - feeling comfort for the first time since she’d left the forest.

“She was murdered.” She spits, head turning away from her Lord. The trembling she feels is no longer from fear, but anger. “Preyed upon by some stallion who had a gift I could not outwardly see.” Dacia seethes. Her teeth, clenched tightly together, now snap in frustration. “He toyed with her mind, and then he crushed her skull while she was weakened from his attack.” She’s quiets then, moves away from Killdare to look out into the seemingly empty kingdom, and feels bitterness pool in her stomach. “Cowardly.” She hisses, ears falling flat.

She circles once more, only to face Killdare again and to gauge his reaction to this news. Shame sweeps over her mind, and her eyes fall to the earth. “She was out looking for me, that’s how I know. I had camouflaged myself to stay hidden, so I suppose her assailant didn’t see me either.” She speaks softly, eyes darting once more to his. “I watched the whole thing.” She tells him. Dacia feels physically weak again. Her vision would not stop spinning, her head feels heavy, she cannot breath. Her mother’s death was her fault, and she hadn’t even tried to help. “Killdare...” She whispers, and it brings silent tears again to her face. “My mother is dead.”

Dacia;
    color-changing vixen of the chamber

Messages In This Thread
    Run in the shadows [Killdare, Any] - by Dacia - 02-19-2016, 03:23 PM
    RE: Run in the shadows [Killdare, Any] - by Dacia - 02-20-2016, 03:33 PM
    RE: Run in the shadows [Killdare, Any] - by Dacia - 02-22-2016, 01:33 PM