• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

All the lights that shine strong only last for so long(any)
    ooc: your html is breaking the board D:
    i've fixed it by adding a <*/table> at the very end, so just pop that into your html :)

He settles, clearly having decided that she might not be as crazy as he had first suspected. They flirt harmlessly and she asks if he can catch her up on what she’s missed. If she’s a native, he’s sure that she already knows that she has missed very little, so he waits to reply until she has spoken again and answered his own questions.

”We should mock sometime,” he says mildly, having noticed her wink and replied with an appreciative nod. ”I’m a little out of practice.” He’d tried, with that Amazon, but she’d never shown up. Typical of her kind, but it still leaves Texas with little recent experience.

She asks who is left and he shrugs, glancing around at the quiet kingdom around him. ”Degradation left for the Desert,” he begins, knowing that the red and black stallion had been the only other resident when he’d arrived a few years past. ”That leaves your mother and I, and a mare named Trua that’s joined us recently.” That’s it, right? No, he’s forgotten quiet little boy from the field. ”And a young colt.” Texas can’t remember the boy’s name, so he doesn’t give it to her.

”Do you plan on sticking around for a while then?” He asks.
    T E X A S
    immortal silver bay hybrid stallion
    king of the falls

Messages In This Thread
    RE: All the lights that shine strong only last for so long(any) - by Texas - 05-02-2015, 08:36 AM