• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Beware of her thundering hooves
    This was the way the night had cashed in. Choices had been made and things happened, and here we were. It was sad, and funny. My life was made of this. Stuff like this.

Back when he had first ruled the Valley Demian hadn't been one to bring up the fact he was king. He had hated the way he had come to learn when he was younger that if strangers knew you held a higher position in life that you suddenly became a target in order to try and get what they wanted. But over time he had come to realize that it was better to announce your position and to be smart in making sure you surrounded yourself with appropriate company.

It wasn't often he outright asked for someone's support. So the nerves of asking had taken hold before she spoke of supporting him. With a flash of surprise crossing across his features, he finds himself smiling soon after and nodding slightly. "Oh! Well thank you, Hugo! I appreciate that very much." Friend. The word was almost foreign to him. He hadn't often heard that pass through someone's lips.

Yet he liked how it sounded. He had always hoped that even with the responsibility of rulership that he'd be able to make true friends. Rhonan and Tarnished had been his closest, but he had always wished he had a few more. But that is always typical. Not just of him, but of everyone and somehow he knew that when Hugo called him her friend that she was genuine. "This is indeed the border." He smiles softly.

"Why don't I take you inside." With a larger smile he tilts his head towards the main path and steps towards it allowing himself to move into a brisk walk. He keeps his pace, allowing her to catch up with him as they walk inbetween the tall pines and sighs as he takes in their fresh scent. "The Valley is home to some pretty interesting personalities. So if you come across any strange looking characters, don't be afraid. They are members of the kingdom most likely."

He chuckles softly at this. He loved how the valley was filling with such interesting horses and different personalities. Hugo would fit in just fine. As everyone was so different that it almost made them fit like a perfect puzzle. "To speak about the kingdom, we have two castes. Peace and War." He pauses a moment. "War caste focuses on training in battle, they go to war when they happen. They are our protectors, our fighters, our stealth."

"And then we have our Peace caste. They travel to kingdoms, help solidify alliances, they also do steals, hold kingdom meetings... You don't have to join either one, but if you're interested in one or the other I could introduce you to either Cress or Flamevein depending on the caste you'd like." He stops then, letting her take it all in and also having reached the center of the valley. The clearing was full of rolling emerald grass and to the south the lake bordered elegantly with sapphire tinted waters. This was his favorite place. and it was no surprise he always brought everyone here first.

demian

@[Hugo] I AM SO SORRY THIS TOOK FOREVER! please forgive me Sad

Messages In This Thread
    Beware of her thundering hooves - by Hugo - 02-16-2016, 05:32 PM
    RE: Beware of her thundering hooves - by demian - 02-19-2016, 04:41 AM
    RE: Beware of her thundering hooves - by Hugo - 02-23-2016, 10:31 PM
    RE: Beware of her thundering hooves - by demian - 03-05-2016, 10:11 PM
    RE: Beware of her thundering hooves - by Elysium - 03-06-2016, 09:36 PM
    RE: Beware of her thundering hooves - by Hugo - 03-07-2016, 11:16 PM