• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

what am I fighting for; herds
    Morigan
    WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOR? THERE MUST BE SOMETHING MORE. FOR ALL THESE WORDS I SING, DO YOU FEEL ANYTHING?
    He’s every bit the gentleman he had appeared to be at first glance. She can tell that he’s noticed her reluctance to open up, and is grateful for his willingness to go along with her excuse. She’s always had a hard time opening up to others, even those few members of her immediate family - it would be even more challenging to talk about her life with this stranger. For now, anyway.

She nods gently at his comment about the heat, letting that be the reason, and a soft, hesitant smile crosses her face. “Nice to meet you Tiernan.” It is nice, in a way. Despite her reluctance to open up to him, she’s glad for the company. She’s been on her own in the lands outside Beqanna for so long … a friendly face is very welcome.

And then comes his offer. It is both unsurprising and surprising. Unsurprising in that they are both in the field, the territory where the homeless come to seek out new homes. Surprising in that he does not yet quite have a home to offer. But he is right about one thing - she doesn’t want to spend her days roaming about the field, the meadow or the forest. A quiet place to call home would be most welcome.

So long as it is far from the Valley and the memories it holds.

“I … I would like that.” Her small smile widens, just a little. “That’s alright. We are in the field after all.” She wonders if he has any places in mind. Once again, she hopes it’s far from the Valley.
    SAID I'M OKAY, BUT I KNOW HOW TO LIE. YOU WERE ALL THAT I HAD, YOU WERE DELICATE AND HARD TO FIND.

Messages In This Thread
    what am I fighting for; herds - by Morigan - 01-26-2016, 07:28 PM
    RE: what am I fighting for; herds - by Tiernan - 02-01-2016, 01:22 PM
    RE: what am I fighting for; herds - by Morigan - 02-03-2016, 05:20 PM
    RE: what am I fighting for; herds - by Tiernan - 02-09-2016, 03:52 PM
    RE: what am I fighting for; herds - by Morigan - 02-19-2016, 01:25 AM