• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Comfortably Numb {Open}
    This was the way the night had cashed in. Choices had been made and things happened, and here we were. It was sad, and funny. My life was made of this. Stuff like this.

He could sense it. The way she was shaken by his sudden collision with her. The smell of slight blood filled the air for a few seconds. It was then that for a fleeting moment he feels genuinely sorry. But he pushes it away and into the back of his mind knowing that pushing apologies could have more of a negative effect than a positive one.

He allows his smile to grow a bit more tilting the corners of his lips higher when he hears her sigh. It is a smile of peaceful meaning and he relaxes more when she says his name. It sounds delicate the way she says it and he almost enjoys the softness she brings his name as it slips through her lips. She is not only delicate, but he could feel how she begins to relax due his presence.

He always loved how peace could be brought just by being close to someone else, even a simple stranger. "Well Elowen. It is quite nice to meet you and I am glad to know that my running into you didn't interrupt your day." He chuckles softly in order to break more of the tension that surrounded the mare. He can hear how her hooves dig into the dirt, how her body shifts as she lowers her head.

"Do not worry Elowen, I mean you absolutely no harm." No, quite the opposite. The way her voice is quiet, the way her demeanor shows a past of pain and torture concerns him greatly and he almost wishes nothing more than to sweep her away towards the safety of the Valley. It is rare he finds this feeling within him. Such a strong desire to protect was unusual for him. Typically he wouldn't care. But it always seemed the most vulnerable were those he had a weak spot for.

"Elowen, would you like to come with me, get out of the open? I could take you to the kingdom I live in, help you to heal and the Valley would gladly welcome your presence." He tilts his head in thought. "You wouldn't have to stay if you didn't want to. Once healed you could go wherever you please if you find the Valley not to your liking... I only offer because as vulnerable as you are at the moment standing here out in the open wouldn't be good."

demian

@[Elowen] Aww thank you dear <3 and pft. your writing is lovely and I love Elowen! She's such a sweetie <3

Messages In This Thread
    Comfortably Numb {Open} - by Elowen - 02-14-2016, 03:47 PM
    RE: Comfortably Numb {Open} - by demian - 02-14-2016, 04:27 PM
    RE: Comfortably Numb {Open} - by Elowen - 02-14-2016, 04:59 PM
    RE: Comfortably Numb {Open} - by demian - 02-16-2016, 01:29 AM