• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

out of the ashes - kavi, bergamont, erebor
    Do you believe you're missin' out?
    That everything good is happening somewhere else?

Straia arrives seamlessly, chuckling at my antics and promising me my position. She’s all smiles, something I love to see on the faces of my family. Her happiness is my own, truly. “I know you’re glad – you wouldn’t go far without me.” Winking, I allow a chuckle to echo hers. Though my words are but a jibe, there is truth in them, too. When it comes down to it, Straia could never manage without someone as silver-tongued as I am. Or maybe she would, but with many enemies.

As Bergamot arrives, Straia offers me a questioning glance. I only shake my head in response, though the action is very small. I do not wish to necessarily embarrass Bergamot, so I allow Straia to make the assumption based on my actions and his silence. Perhaps she will recall Rhaego’s muteness, and put two and two together. Perhaps she will realize that I am a carrier of the disease.

Straia yanks me out of my darkening thoughts, for which I am grateful. In the very next moment, however, I am open-mouthed in surprise, and look like an utter buffoon. ”You don’t mean…” But oh, she does. Another small male figure slips free of the forest just as Straia begins the introductions, and by the time she’s finished, I’ve smartened up, though my eyes are still wildly – if not a little mockingly – surprised.

“Hullo, Erebor! You are one lucky fellow to be existing right now, considering your mother’s swear of chastity not too long ago.” A boisterous laugh accompanies the throw-back of my head. ”In fact, I’m entirely shocked. Entirely. Warship must have you under some type of evil spell, Straia.”

Bergamot brushes his nose to my withers with a meaningful glance, and I smile at him, trying tremendously to keep any sad notes from affecting it. Nudging him gently as he approaches Erebor, I look to my niece. “He’s mute, but you’ll find that he has no need for a mouth to be able to speak.”

KAVI
    Kagerou x Rhaego

Messages In This Thread
    there will be scars - by Erebor - 04-03-2015, 10:21 PM
    RE: out of the ashes - kavi, bergamont, erebor - by Kavi - 04-30-2015, 09:44 PM