• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the wolves knew a lion was among them; yael

she slept with wolves without fear

She can’t shake the feeling that the ‘Queen’ is simply toying with her. It rankles, but she knows there’s nothing she can do. Magicians - they have all the power in the world, and no incentive to ‘play nicely’ with non-magical beings.

Her irritation only increases as the mare chuckles at her, laughing at her demands. But she remains silent - there’s no point in saying more than she’s already said.

Then the mare shifts.

The shift itself does not surprise her - the form of a golden, winged mare does not seem beyond the ‘Queen Illuminate’s’ vanity - but the words do. Camrynn, Camrynn … she vaguely recognizes the name. A Desert queen, she thinks? One that has recently been replaced? The wheels turn quickly in her head. Clearly this mare is not the ‘Queen,’ but her words indicate that she had known the ‘Queen,’ and that, surprisingly, the magician had been a real Queen after all. And more importantly, this mare is offering her a deal in the ‘Queen’s’ stead.

Trading one magician for another. As long as she still gets what she wants, she really doesn’t care.

And as for what she’s willing to give up? Well, Rhynn’s moral compass has always been somewhat … grey. She does have a few attachments though, she’s not entirely heartless. “It depends on what you plan on asking of me. I am keeping my freedom and my friends though.” Not that Rhonan and Anastasia are exactly friends, but they are creatures of the same ilk. She would never intentionally do any harm to them.

for the wolves knew a lion was among them

rhynn

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the wolves knew a lion was among them; yael - by Rhynn - 02-12-2016, 03:09 AM