• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

"If God created a creature more beautiful than the horse, he kept it for himself")
    This was the way the night had cashed in. Choices had been made and things happened, and here we were. It was sad, and funny. My life was made of this. Stuff like this.

You could say it came back to him like a child riding a bike after a year long break. The coming and goings of searching the field for new faces in search of a place to call home. His lack of sight was becoming more and more easy to deal with as he stepped into the long dark grass and came to a stop, ears twitching slightly as he took in the sounds of the voices that surrounded him and carried with the wind. The sounds of hoof beats carried along with them, noting those who were alone and those who were not and it took a while for him to pinpoint a lone soul.

Though when he did his ears pricked forward, his head tilting towards the sound of their movements. "Ah," he whispered under his breath quietly. Finally, he had found one. Unlike the mare, Demian had not been able to see the changes of the seasons this past year. But he had been able to sense the changes. Feel them, hear them, smell them... He had loved the way he heard the call of small whinnies coming from young foals and the adoring calls of their mothers and fathers. The life of a new generation was always something to marvel at.

You could say it was one of the few pleasures he had come to know in the world on his own, and become to treasure more so now that his eyes were gone from his skull in their entirety. It was then he remembered the scarring that traced his eye sockets from the cosmic fire that had burned them away. A sacrifice it was, the loss of his eyes in order to protect his kingdom during a time of vulnerability. Though now that the firewall was gone and he was nolonger king, the fire had left him, leaving him to have to relearn the ways of the world without assistance.

And so for the last year he had spent his time alone, learning to travel the lands of Beqanna without the help of anyone at his side. With this new learned ability, Demian found himself turning, his hooves digging into the soft dirt beneath him as he headed towards the sound of the lone spirit moving around the field. It seemed like forever before he finally realized he was next to her and with a soft nicker of greeting he alerted the dark mare of his presence. "Hello there," his voice is deep but quiet. "I'm Demian."

A small smile tilts at the corners of his lips as he tucks his wings at his jaguar spotted sides, making their orange glow dim slightly. "I do hope I'm not intruding on your peaceful moment. But I thought I'd come and ask for your name." His head turns towards her and had he had a set of eyes still, he would have been looking straight at her. But instead, to show her his attention was on her and her alone his ears pricked forward, pointed in her direction as he relaxes slowly and leans into his haunches waiting for her response.

demian

carnage x adalind

Messages In This Thread
    RE: "If God created a creature more beautiful than the horse, he kept it for himself") - by demian - 02-11-2016, 02:34 PM