• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i hurt myself today to see if i still feel. [lucrezia]

everyone i know goes away in the end
        The soft voice breaks his reverie, distracting him from his self-imposed moping. His crimson gaze takes in all of her glory carefully - her unusual amber pelt, the peafowl-marked tresses and wings that remained tucked neatly at her sides. He studied her with the same stoic expression, uncertain as to how to interact with such a captivating creature. He had expected to be alone, and at times, alone is what he preferred. 

It was easy to lose oneself in the negative thoughts on such a gloomy afternoon.

He held little ties to others and it suited him - it suited his long-lived life. He did not have to feel if he did not have the connections to provoke such emotions. Nonetheless, loneliness did often creep up, and this time was not unlike others. The soft rumble of thunder became to stir and shake the ground beneath as it neared them; the willow branches rattled from the vibration and dribbled large droplets onto his spine. He shivered, his first definitive movement since he laid eyes on her, reminding him of his own stillness.

He lowered his head, listening carefully to her speak as he wordlessly acknowledged her. Her smile was warm and her words were soft and kindly, which he could not and would not ignore. Though she attempted to mask her uncertainty, he could see through it clearly and chose to speak. While he might prefer isolation, he was above being rude.

"I don't mind; better under here than in the storm." His voice rumbled and echoed within the confines of the drapery of foliage, which acted as a wall between the torrential rainstorm on the other side, bolstering his usually quiet tone. "Lucrezia," He repeated, letting her name roll over his tongue. His eyes seemed to light up - or flash, in the very least. It was a very different name - for a very different mare. "I'm Offspring."

offspring

Messages In This Thread
    i hurt myself today to see if i still feel. [lucrezia] - by Offspring - 02-07-2016, 04:28 PM
    i will let you down. - by Offspring - 02-08-2016, 09:03 PM