• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

my shadow tilts it's head at me - any

my shadow tilts its head at me,

spirits in the dark are waiting.

The silence doesn’t necessarily bother him. He’s never been a creature of words or noise. He’s never been a creature that needs much of anything to be content. But it does see the irony in it, that’ he’s one of the only ones left in the otherwise empty kingdom. Though he wonders if he’d still be here, if the place were teaming with life. Could he survive an active kingdom? But then again, he doesn’t know where else to go, and he’s starting to like it here. The wolf pack that roams the end is pretty cool, for that matter. Sometimes he sends shadow wolves to play.

Somehow, it doesn’t surprise him that Demian is the one to find him. The once king may not have lasted long as king, but he was still something of a permanent figure in the Valley. Though it doesn’t take Rhonan long to figure out something’s changed. Demian’s eyes are gone. Rhonan, at this point, is visibily staring. Not that Demian would know (thank goodness), but not that being rude or Demian knowing would actually stop Rhonan from staring either. No one ever taught the shadow boy manners.

“Demian,” he says, his voice gruff as usual, but there’s a hint of friendly familiarity in there. About the most anyone is ever going to get out of Rhonan. “What happened to you?” Rhonan is blissfully unaware of the deal Demian had made to get that firewall in the first place. And even more unaware that his question is entirely rude. Again, he wouldn’t care if he knew anyway.

“Honestly, I’m pretty good at entertaining myself. But what’d you have in mind?” He says, wondering just what exactly Demian’s got up his sleeve. As much as Rhonan enjoys playing with the shadows, he doesn’t mind the idea of stirring up something else to do around this place.

rhonan.

Messages In This Thread
    my shadow tilts it's head at me - any - by Rhonan - 01-27-2016, 08:44 AM
    RE: my shadow tilts it's head at me - any - by Rhonan - 02-08-2016, 11:43 AM