• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

New herd

kreios

don't you tame your demons, but always keep them on a leash

As I wait for her to wake, I look out over the broad expanse of the Field. Early summer is still bright and green here, not yet baked with the midsummer sun. There are many other horses wandering nearby, most of them mares, with a few herd stallions and kingdom recruiters eyeing potential targets. I’ve been both – herdmaster and kingdom member – and have no particular preference for either. Both have their advantages, and while I’ve toyed with the idea of keeping a herdland in addition to my kingdom duties, I know that I’d rather stay close to the Falls.

I look back over as the mare twitches into wakefulness, and maintain a comfortable distance between us as she rises. When she comes closer I offer her a warm smile and dip my head in a friendly greeting. “Hello,” I say, “I’m Kreios. What brings you to the Field today?”

Messages In This Thread
    New herd - by Raines - 02-06-2016, 10:34 PM
    RE: New herd - by Kreios - 02-07-2016, 04:43 PM
    RE: New herd - by Raines - 02-07-2016, 06:03 PM
    RE: New herd - by Kreios - 02-08-2016, 10:24 AM
    RE: New herd - by Raines - 02-10-2016, 10:02 AM
    RE: New herd - by Kreios - 02-12-2016, 12:29 PM