• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

New herd

kreios

don't you tame your demons, but always keep them on a leash

I intend to keep my promise to Texas, so when the sun rises on a bright spring morning, I head to the Field.

I have not been here in several years, but the place has changed very little. The trees are a bit taller, the paths more well-trod, but for the most part it seems unchanged. I keep to the edges of the broad expanse of grass, preferring to keep an eye on the entire scene rather than to submerse myself in the center of it. From here I can see a dozing mare in the shade of a branching oak, and it is her I approach.

There is no foal nearby – uncommon in the spring – so I assume that she is likely here to find a home for only herself, and not herself and a child. I have no preference either way, but at least I won’t have to convince two creatures rather than one that the Falls is a good home.

Since the mare is sleeping, I settle a comfortable distance away. I am not so near that I will startle her when she wakes, but am also close enough and facing her, so it’s clear that I’m waiting for her. The sunlight that manages to trickle through the canopy overhead dapples my mostly white coat in shades of grey. I shake my head, resettling my reddish mane, and grab a mouthful of grass while waiting for the grey mare to wake up.

Messages In This Thread
    New herd - by Raines - 02-06-2016, 10:34 PM
    RE: New herd - by Kreios - 02-07-2016, 04:43 PM
    RE: New herd - by Raines - 02-07-2016, 06:03 PM
    RE: New herd - by Kreios - 02-08-2016, 10:24 AM
    RE: New herd - by Raines - 02-10-2016, 10:02 AM
    RE: New herd - by Kreios - 02-12-2016, 12:29 PM