• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I am capable of anything and everything, ANY
    so you wanna play with magic?
    I most certainly did talk! George's small voice is insistent as soon as Girr's inner voice of reason questions him. Camrynn may not be visible to Girr yet, but Girr is in the Deserts and Cam makes it her business to know everything that has to do with the Deserts.

She knew the girl was coming long before she ever arrived, of course. She knew as soon as she'd appeared in the Field that Girr would be drawn to go with her, and she'd been waiting. The girl (and her stick) will fit in well here, here in this place where so few judge and so many forgive.

And she's absolutely sure that the girl will like Gumby.

She smiles gently as Girr slides to a stop next to her. Camrynn's gaze swings over to the woman, regarding her with a chuckle as the sand sprays from beneath her hooves. "Welcome, Girr. I'm glad you like it." she offers genuinely once the girl has stopped talking. "You and George are very welcome here." She pauses before answering the rest of the question, telekinetically maneuvering the stick so that Gumby dances underneath it, jumping for it just like your typical household dog.

"His name is Gumby, and he's our guardian." she says, keeping the stick moving despite appearing not to concentrate on it at all. "Gumby, go say hi." the bronze sphinx construct barks once, before bounding the short distance from Camrynn's hooves to Girr's. Like an incredibly large cat (he's about the size of a small pony) he rubs up against Girr's right foreleg, purring all the while. He pauses when he notices George on the ground.

Taking it as an opportunity to play, he bounces backward, away from Girr, barking all the while. Now George is on the grown between Girr and Gumby, and the latter has his sphinx butt in the air, tongue lolling out as he barks. "I think he likes you." Camrynn observes dryly. "But I'm not entirely sure he understands George."

Gumby hasn’t tried to pick George up just yet, but he clearly hasn't mastered the concept that this particular stick is friend, not toy. "Unless George wouldn't mind a little bit of rough play. Gumby is as gentle as he can be, but those teeth…" It's easy to overlook, considering how cute and cuddly he is, but his teeth are surprisingly wicked looking when you come right down to it. "He does really love his sticks."

She telekinetically grabs the stick she had been playing with earlier (not George) and flings it toward the horizon. Gumby takes off at a dead run, impossibly fast, catches the stick with a flying leap as he crests the next dune, and comes trotting back proudly, stick hanging from his mouth. He drops it in front of both of them, looking terribly proud of himself.
    CAMRYNN
    co-queen of the deserts, magical, mother of badassery

Feel 100% free to play Gumby yourself, by the way! He's a big, goofy sphinx who acts like a dog most of the time and also sometimes purrs and acts like a cat.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I am capable of anything and everything, ANY - by Camrynn - 04-29-2015, 09:27 PM