• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i leave you my dust and dry bones; zayn

As he waits for her response, his red eyes travel over her body, inspecting his newest possession. She is acceptable enough - passably pretty (to his eyes), with the appearance of good health. She will make a good addition to his little herd. A good carrier for his future children. And now his tiny herd is up from two mares to three.

Finally she responds, calling him ‘charming,’ and he can’t help but chuckle. At least she is not some sad, wilting flower, like his pathetic mother. He is surprised though that she does not seem particularly inclined to dispute his claiming. Not yet anyway. “Oh I do try, my dear.” She steps closer to him, eying him with an expression that is surprisingly hard to read. Is she actually flirting? Or simply waiting for the opportunity to strike? “I am Zayn, of both the Chamber and these Mountains.” Throwing caution to the wind, he takes a step closer to her as well. “And what might your name be, pretty-thing?”

As he stares her down, he can’t help but feel some small amount of pride. Only recently he’d had nothing - an empty herd land, and no position in the Chamber, besides being the son of a captive. Now … now he still doesn’t have a position in the Chamber, but he does have mares. Three mares and possibly two children on the way. Things are definitely starting to look up for him. He just hopes that this string of luck will continue.

His red eyes momentarily slide away to the surrounding territory, slipping over the forbidding rocky landscape. Now that he thinks on it, this is an incredibly odd place for a mare to come on her own. Most horses aren’t even aware of the little territory’s existence. “What brought you to this land anyway?”

ZAYN

I'm an ugly mess

Messages In This Thread
    i leave you my dust and dry bones; zayn - by Liselle - 12-10-2015, 12:51 PM
    RE: i leave you my dust and dry bones; zayn - by Liselle - 01-24-2016, 03:16 AM
    RE: i leave you my dust and dry bones; zayn - by Zayn - 01-27-2016, 02:55 AM