• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

kiss me, beneath the milky twilight;; chessur

MY HEART, IT WENT WILD

It isn’t long until she is approached, and Merope prepares herself, ready to defend her child, though she is weak and tired. But this blue stallion moves softly, smiling towards her in a genuine way - and she has seen the looks that stallions will give when their only intention is trouble. He motions to the filly, and Merope beams with a nervous pride.
    She wonders, for a brief moment, if her parents ever looked at her like that. But she expects not; Kain was a king, always too busy for anything other than his home and his love-child; Meera was too wrapped up in her own head to think of her sons and daughters. Merope strove to be a better parent - she has failed, on the first two counts, but this is her third chance. And she will get it right this time.

“H-Hello,” she says, wincing at her stutter - she prefers to be silent, to watch and listen, but this situation demands her to speak. Her parents, her siblings, they all told her that with age and experience, the stammer would lessen. They lied. “Th-this is K-K-Kidd. And I’m M-M-Merope.” She watches the stallion intently, hoping that her inability to get a simple sentence out in one breath doesn’t put him off.

The filly hides in the shadow of her mother, watching this blue stallion carefully. His colouring doesn’t interest her; indeed, in this land of oranges and greens and pinks, a pair of bay roan mares are the odd ones out. But her mother had told her - when she could get the words to come out - that they were to look for a home, to find a big, brave, strong stallion who would protect them. Fairytales, whispered words to help a child sleep, but Kidd has held onto that promise for weeks.
    She is shy, too shy to speak just yet, but as she gazes at this stallion - big, brave, strong - she wonders if this is the one.
    MEROPE
    i wasn't expecting that.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: kiss me, beneath the milky twilight;; chessur - by merope - 01-25-2016, 07:55 AM