• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

An Undefined Soul; Any

kreios

don't you tame your demons, but always keep them on a leash

I glance over as the third mare joins us. There is something about her that…oh. She is from the Valley. I have a wary admiration for that kingdom, a strange combination of my father’s hatred and my mother’s love. It has been foreign, mystical, and now there is a small brown mare that looks like neither the demon nor the angel that I had been expecting. I greet her with a smile that is somewhat more pleasant than I might give a total stranger, though I am always eager to meet strangers. She has a strange scar that reminds me of the Amazon desertion scars, and I wonder if she has lost something, somewhere.

Not a question for today, I tell myself.

I respond to Nymeria’s puzzle face with a frown of my own. Had I misspoke? It’s a common fear of mine, despite the fact that my dull tongue had been healed in childhood. I am always a little worried that I will say the wrong thing, stress the wrong word, and ruin everything. But no, I realize as she gives us her own name, it’s not something that I have said. It is our traditions that are odd, the adding of our homeland after our names. At that I smile – I had not realized that such a thing might be odd. I will be more careful in the future, I tell myself, I will not make others feel awkward for not knowing what I considered common knowledge.

The Amazon mare, Sunday, explains this, and I nod along. She has a way with words, and when he says that she is diplomat I understand. She is a good one, I think; she is good at the caste she has chosen. She certainly doesn’t strike me as evil, and I wonder what my queens might think of this soft-spoken amazon, and if it is her kind that they want us to fight against.

“She’s right,” I say to Nymeria, nodding in Sunday’s direction. “The Deserts is traditionally the light kingdom, but we are all just horses.” Horses with wings and horns and magic, but unique individuals with our own thoughts and ideas, nonetheless. “I’m here representing them, but also myself. I am hoping to start a herd of my own.” I want to elaborate, but I fear that I have already done enough confusing things, and chose to wait. It is Librette’s turn to speak now, after all, and I do not want to seem discourteous.

Messages In This Thread
    An Undefined Soul; Any - by Nymeria - 04-25-2015, 09:28 PM
    RE: An Undefined Soul; Any - by Sunday - 04-26-2015, 08:46 AM
    RE: An Undefined Soul; Any - by Kreios - 04-26-2015, 09:04 AM
    RE: An Undefined Soul; Any - by Librette - 04-26-2015, 11:59 PM
    RE: An Undefined Soul; Any - by Nymeria - 04-27-2015, 06:34 PM
    RE: An Undefined Soul; Any - by Sunday - 04-27-2015, 07:20 PM
    RE: An Undefined Soul; Any - by Kreios - 04-28-2015, 08:09 AM
    RE: An Undefined Soul; Any - by Librette - 05-02-2015, 11:01 AM
    RE: An Undefined Soul; Any - by Nymeria - 05-02-2015, 03:41 PM
    RE: An Undefined Soul; Any - by Kreios - 05-03-2015, 03:03 PM