• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

The tolling of the bells... ROUND I

For a moment, there is only silence. And then the bells sound.

At first you think that perhaps they are not real. They are so faint, so easy to ignore. And then you blink. The world flickers. You blink again. A deathly silence has fallen. Into that silence, those bells chime. The world is still the same yet so very different. Gone are the creatures, the sun and moon, your friends and family. The trees are dull and listless, the wind refusing to stir. It is Beqanna and it is not.

The bells grow louder, more insistent. They say ’Come… You must come now.’

You do not know where they lead, only that you must follow.

There are others. Others like you, the ones who have been called. The bells continue to sound from all around, now thunderous in its intensity.

Out of the corner of your eye, you catch sight of the oddest creature. A lamb, so small and innocent. But you look closer. You can’t look away. Seven horns curl back from its small head, seven eyes glow as they stare back at you. But then you blink and it is gone. You wonder for a moment if it had even been there in the first place.

Silence falls like a fist, deafening in its suddenness. Into that stillness sounds a booming, bodiless voice.

”Behold!” it says. ”The end of the world is nigh!”

”You are the chosen ones. Will you accept your fate?”

Please respond by Thursday, January 14th at 4:00pm CST. There will be no eliminations in this round, unless your respond after the deadline.

Things to know
  • You have been pulled into what is essentially purgatory. It still looks like Beqanna, but there are no living creatures besides you, the other questers, and whatever creatures you may meet in the quest.
  • You have been pulled into purgatory at whatever location you are currently at. For this initial round, you will need to describe how you end up before the bellringer.
  • You are aware of the other horses and may (are encouraged, even) to interact with them. You may collaborate ooc on these interactions if you wish.

• If you have any questions or need clarification, please PM me or post them in Connect (ooc).

Messages In This Thread
    The tolling of the bells... ROUND I - by The Bellringer - 01-12-2016, 10:41 PM
    I haven't come to say I'm sorry; - by Rhonen - 01-14-2016, 02:34 AM
    RE: The tolling of the bells... ROUND I - by elve - 01-14-2016, 01:22 PM