• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the wolves knew a lion was among them; yael

she slept with wolves without fear

She’s actually a bit surprised when the Queen Illuminate herself shows up. Of course, she doesn’t recognize her as the queen at first - the magician had always played games with her appearance and voice when speaking to Rhynn - but with those flashy gems, ‘magical’ appearance out of thin air, and that self-indulgent tone (though the words are a bit odd for the Queen) … who else would it be?

Rhynn stays silent for a moment, glowering. After the little stunt the magician had pulled, she’d really expected her to not show up at all. What’s the point in playing a stupid little game like this? Giving out gifts in exchange for servitude, and then just reneging on the deal? Rhynn knows that many magicians enjoy screwing with ‘lesser mortals,’ but this is just ridiculous. What does the magician even gain from pulling crap like this?

She breathes deeply, tempering herself, then finally responds (though the magician surely already knows what she’s going to say, considering she took away the gift). “If that is indeed you, Queen Illuminate, you already know very well why I’m angry.” She feels so very vulnerable now, with her mind exposed for all magicians and telepaths to see. It rankles her to think that the ‘Queen’ is at this moment, likely taking advantage of the absence of the gift she had promised.

“I kept my end of the bargain.” There’s no point in keeping the anger out of her voice - the ‘Queen’ already knows it’s there. “Now I want you to keep yours.”

for the wolves knew a lion was among them

rhynn

Sorry for the wait!!

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the wolves knew a lion was among them; yael - by Rhynn - 01-11-2016, 01:39 AM